Sob, Dust on sensor

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Theoretical_Photographer, Mar 29, 2006.

1. My cam fell off the table, thought all was okay because it was in case…. But it splattered dust all over the sensor. Manage to get this image of the dust on the sensor (by magic)

see below

Had a look at cleaning tutorials, but that looked to complicated, so gave the cam a hard shake lol. Removed all but two or three small dots of dust. But still upset

100% sure its dust on sensor as it doesn’t change with focus or zoom. sob, sob

----
    Just incase you wanna know how I got shot of sensor dust: I used a stack of close up lenses (filters) then pointed cam at a bright light to get shadows of dust on sensor
    ----

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

You need to get the camera serviced.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, you need to get the camera serviced. :think:

4. If my missies or me can get credit late next month, I will get a canon with 2 sigma lenses. If not, then I will have it services, or get SEB to clean it...

5. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Speaking of dust getting onto the sensor, the Olympus DSLR (forgot which model) claims to be 100% dust-free. Perhaps, you would like to consider that for your next purchase. :mrgreen:

6. I reckon I could clean any DSLR, but a compact is a bit more complex :(