start up

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by vivabiafra, Apr 20, 2009.

1. vivabiafra

vivabiafra Newbie

my bios does not come up at start up....this is a new development. it has hap'd once before and i just pulled the graphics card out and reinserted it and that wrked....not the case this time. any ideas?.......ignore the sub-cat

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Is there's any beeping?

3. vivabiafra

vivabiafra Newbie

no beeping at all the load screen just does not come up

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

What motherboard are you using? How old is your system?

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

You can try reseating the cards and memory modules in your system.

6. vivabiafra

vivabiafra Newbie

I have an asus motherboard and its about 4 yrs old, but I built the machine that long ago with all top of the line prts......at the time, then it got little to no use for about 3 yrs. Its not that big of a deal, I only go into the bios for overclocking and this mobo has overclocking software that wrks great. I just want to be able to get into it if I need to. Is there a way to get into the bios thru windows?

7. vivabiafra

vivabiafra Newbie

I reseated the graphics card already as I stated in my first post. Will try the memory next tho

8. Adrian Wong

In that case, check the motherboard's capacitors and see if they are leaking.

No, you can't get into the BIOS through Windows, but ASUS provides a software to update the BIOS in Windows.

9. Adrian Wong

I meant all your cards, not just the graphics card.

BTW, what exactly do you mean by the BIOS does not come up at start up??? Can you even boot?

If the issue is merely that the BIOS screen doesn't show (replaced by an ASUS logo or something like that) during the boot-up process, then it's not a problem at all. It's because you enabled this BIOS option - Tech ARP - Quiet Boot

You can access the BIOS right after you start the computer using the usual access keys - Del or F2.