Streamyx for student users.. :P

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by zy, Sep 29, 2005.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

but how to share amoung our friends ? :wall:

if 2 lines 2 router ar? .. expensive lor.............!!

2. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

for sure is router...and NOT wifi router...12 person share a connection is already very slow, WIFI make it worst :naughty:

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

The router or WiFi router is not going to explode after you guys graduate, you know. :mrgreen:

Maybe one of you can buy over the router at a lower price and refund the rest their money. Besides, even a WiFi-G router costs only about RM 200-250 (USD 54-67). :think:

Also, when it comes to the Streamyx account, for each account you register, one of you can continue using it after graduation. You can get them to shift the account to your new location, you know. :mrgreen:

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, research on *ahem*. :mrgreen:

5. zy

it is possible to log on 2 streamyx account at the same time ? ROTFL :p

6. Adrian Wong

No.. Why would you want to do that??? :confused:

7. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Buy wifi-b enough already I think, just RM150. :mrgreen:

8. zy

i was wondering what happen if i put my pc as a load balancer between 2 streamyx lines ? :haha: ... dont even know if it is possible :haha:

9. Adrian Wong

Well, WiFi-G doesn't cost much more. And I think it should have better penetration indoors. :think:

But I think all devices used should be WiFi-G or the router reverts to WiFi-B. Not sure if this applies to current WiFi-G routers though. :think:

10. Adrian Wong

You can. Windows XP comes with such support, if I remember correctly. Not that I have the opportunity to try it out!! :haha:

But you will still need one phone line for each ADSL connection. :mrgreen:

Don't forget - each phone line has a line rental of RM 26 (~USD 7) per month. :wall:

11. zy

oh fishes ..... i forgot about the phone line rental :haha:.. i was thinking bout it but i forgot how much have to pay for it .. :wall:

12. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Exactly :wall: :wall:

13. Adrian Wong

Yeah, don't forget about phone rental. Actually, it's rental of the phone line. I think it's currently RM 26 per month. :wall:

14. zy

ouch :wall: