streamyx sucks

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by Brian, Oct 24, 2003.

1. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

winpoet is one of the worst dialer program ever made.

crap dialer + crap ISP = make sense :D

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Crap? Why do you say that? :think:

3. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

crap ISP + crap dailer + crap phone line + crap modem + idiot worker = sh1t service!! :wall:

4. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

man .. winpoet sux?.. hehhehe ..

i'll say sux when i use it.... on XP ..

cause i prefer XP's dialer.. :p

5. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

winpoet always freezes up...

i'm using xp's dialer...much easier

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

It's been four weeks since I first experienced frequent disconnections and yet TMNet still continues to do NOTHING! :wall: :wall: :wall:

Everyday I call them, everyday they promise they will send someone over. :wall: :wall: :wall:

I can't wait for another ISP to start providing ADSL services over here. It's about time we opened the market to REAL COMPETITION! :mad: :mad: :mad:

7. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

YEAH..dat's rite...no competition...

when i first installed streamyx, i got my own adsl cable modem...and the stupid technician doesn't know how to configure it!!!

I HAD TO DO IT COMPLETELY BY MYELF!!!
    at that time, i don't know anything bout the configurations....

:twisted: they really get on my nerves..

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

No need configuration what. Just install everything, enter dns, username and password... Then connect! Woohoo... :dance: :beer:

But they are a POS. I wonder how they got the job, no training? :snooty:

9. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

like i said...i din know anything bout it...

still hav vci, ip, bla bla bla...cuz i network two pcs

10. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

u all having frequent disconnection that site... hahaha !! Im here enjoying streamyx ! but still suckz tho. ITS LAGGING !! I rather say :wave: to ISDN 64K rather than broadband !

11. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

ISDN is better meh? :think:

12. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

well ISDN is slower no doubt.. but at least u know the reliability is much better.... it runs on a dedicated digital line... unlike the shared line on ADSL

13. sleepy

sleepy Newbie

hi brian

long time no see

i have been away from this forum for long time :lol:

Attached Files:

• =P.jpg
      =P.jpg
      File size:
      65.6 KB
      Views:
  14. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Finally, they fixed my problem!!! It was all due to a faulty port. :wall: :wall: :wall:

All the technician did was to switch to another port... So simple and yet it took them so long!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Can't really blame the technicians since there are ONLY THREE of them here in Melaka! Each one covers a huge section of Melaka. It's no wonder they are always so busy.

Of course, the PR people on the phone denies that. They always tell me that they will send another technician over when the truth is there is NO OTHER technician to send! :nuts:

Interesting bits of news that I picked up while chatting with this technician who services my area...

1. Do NOT get the 512kbps offer from TMNet. He says there is no noticeable difference in performance. TMNet's international bandwidth is limiting the value of the higher speed lines.

2. TMNet started off with expensive but quality Lucent ADSL ports. But some time ago, they switched to cheaper Samsung ports which had a lot of problems but were much cheaper.

Now, they are switching to LG ports for cost reasons as well. Hopefully, the LG ports are more reliable than the Samsung ones! The bad news is all this shows that TMNet is shifting from quality to quantity. We can expect more downtime in the future, I guess. :|

3. The Aztech DSL 305E modem can be used as a router. Dunno how to do that though! :mrgreen:

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

LOL! Cool... but now they are giving away cheaper modems. Wonder what brand though. :think:

16. Brian

Brian Newbie

new report of telekom's :nuts:
    my friend has 2 phone lines in the house
    he went to telekom, tried the number he wants, but couldn't, however the 2nd number worked
    tell me how it happened. it's in the same house :nuts:

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Your friend wrote the wrong phone number on the form? :mrgreen:

18. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

WOOHOO..BINGOOOOO

19. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

i got the aztech 305E

20. Brian

Brian Newbie