streamyx sucks

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by Brian, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Cereberus

Cereberus Newbie

Heh, kinda reminds me of the old russian soviet country.

the government pampered companies that wouldn't survive in a competitive market.

When a company becomes monopoly, they can afford to slack off cause nobody is there to threaten them -_-. thats called being x-inefficient.

But they can't totaly slack off or somebody will just jump in and take over ;p

Since the governments so into the msc ( multi media super corridor ) programme, why don't they also put more effort into bettering our internet infrastructure ;(

sigh, were still a developing country, but i'm pretty sure they could do something now to open up the opportunities for other companies to compete in this dominated isp market >_<;

jaring is shitnitz ;p they just lease of tmnets left overs lol :lol: sigh....

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I don't think governments should have controlling interest of any company. What's the point of privatization if the government still dictates terms??? :nuts:

Believe it or not, decisions for Telekom and TMNet are taken not by the CEO or managing team but by the government! So, whatever is said and done, our government is finally the root of all this issues.

IMHO, the government should stay out of business. Leave it to the business people. Let them compete to provide the best service or product for our money!

There is no way we can have fair competition if the government insists on keeping a hand in the cookie jar. We will have nothing but inefficient and corrupt monopolies like Telekom and TMNet.

3. flyingfox

flyingfox Newbie

TM and Streamyx abuse dominance

The abuse extends to everything - including billing. I got a "normal" reminder phone call that my bill was overdue. warm and nice, no mention of line being cut. I paid on-line within 10 minutues and received e-mail confirmation from my bank. TM did not update the system and 4 days later, they cut my line, without any notice. When I called them and gave payment details, they said it will take up to 24 hours to re-open my line.

All, always keep complaining to the Multimedia Commission. Say that TM is abusing its dominant market position. These complaints are auditable and will help other ISPs to make thier case for more licences. Don'y just blog about this. Lets try to send 1million complaints. That will help competition as the Commission will have to break the monolpoly/dominance. Believe in Change!

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I am not surprised by your experience. I just wonder if they will EVER break TM's monopoly. Still, it's a good idea to complain to the Multimedia Commission.