Team ARP needs your help!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hello everyone! :wave:

As you all know, I quit medicine to run ARP full time. One of my first steps was to move to PJ. That's why I've been missing from the forums for so long recently. :D

The second step, which I'm currently in the process of doing, is get a proper office for Team ARP. If everything goes well, we may have our permanent office in Kelana Centre Point! :thumb:

However, when I was running through our inventory, I realized that Team ARP has very limited hardware and software. Even right now, we are running on outdated and insufficient hardware.

So, I would like to put out a request that if you have any hardware or software you no longer wish to use or if you have anything to wish to donate to Team ARP, please do let us know.

We are DESPERATELY in need of both hardware and software to build additional workstations, as well as new testbeds. Here's a list of items that we would love to obtain :

Hardware
    ---------
    1. Processors
    2. Motherboards
    3. Memory modules
    4. Graphics cards
    5. Hard drives
    6. Power supplies
    7. Monitors
    8. Accessories like mice, keyboards, etc.
    9. Notebooks
    10. Server

Software
    ---------
    1. Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    2. Microsoft Office XP/2003
    3. Adobe Photoshop CS/CS2
    4. Adobe Acrobat
    5. Macromedia Dreamweaver
    6. Macromedia Fireworks

Yes, it seems like a darn long list of EVERYTHING anyone would want. Sadly, we don't have enough money to buy what we need.

So, we hope you can help us build new systems and more importantly, testbeds for the new Team ARP! :pray: :pray:

Thanks!!! :thumb:

2. sgt

sgt Newbie

ANY hardware or software...?

Adrian...

It would be most helpful if you'd specify...like:

Memory modules...what's the smallest module you'd find useful?..etc...no sense giving you anything you can't use...;)

Where are you located? (like gas...shipping costs are a little outrageous these days)

= sgt =

3. Goofy

Goofy ARP Reviewer

I've got 512 ram but its only pc2100.
    I've got a cd rom drive that works fine. Also a case, but shipping the case will cost LOTS. I've also got a 20gb hdd, but maybe that is too small to be of use?

I got a spare few mice that arent dirty. I've got a GeForce2 mx I dont use and a geforce4 mx440. and a voodoo2.
    How much of this do you need?

EDIT: and a CD burner :p

4. I have a pair of PSU's and Motherboards that you might like to get your hands on. Also a network hub and maybe a wireless router. :mrgreen: Just PM me for details.

5. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

Sorry i don`t really have anything, i am sure you don`t want my keyboard hehe or my non-moving fan PSU hehe

i don`t want to like to interfere , but i just wanna say.. maybe you could do something with the software part, you know,alternative?
    openoffice...

6. Adrian Wong

Hi! Well, anything 512MB and above should be useful.

We are based in PJ, Malaysia. So, any local donors would be great. :D

7. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. We intend to create a few PCs to work on while the testbeds are running.

They shouldn't require any fancy graphics card, although we wouldn't mind if someone donates a GeForce 7950 GX2! :wicked:

8. Adrian Wong

Oh, that's interesting! I wonder how much it would cost to have them delivered here... :think:

Will PM you! Thanks! :thumb:

9. Adrian Wong

Yup, we certainly could. But if any kind soul can help us with the software, that would be great.

10. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

I wish I could help out. I don't have extra hardware laying around though:(.

11. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Yeah, me too, but I have a 6-month old Celeron processor (Socket 775) and the motherboard still lying around - I hope I can sell it perhaps, for almost half-price? What did'ja think? :D :D

12. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

I had a pentium 3 800 mhz at home.. but i sold it last month... now I have nothing only my new comp... but if I come by anything I'll let you guys know..

13. fyire

fyire Newbie

I've got a HP A4331D to clear. The monster's taking up too much space at home. Need u guys to pick it up if u want it though, the thing is too heavy for me to carry unless its over a short distance.

14. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

These old machines can make a good webserver if u use it with apache and linux

How bout server 2003 and exchange server..U want adrian? :mrgreen:

15. fyire

fyire Newbie

Hmm.. doing inventory checks again, will have a HP Kayak XU800 workstation available to go when I retire it, but will only be available towards the end of year though.

16. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I have 2 old servers in my office. I'm not sure if you want it. What's the purpose of the server?

I have a number of things here as well. Since you didn't ask me personally, I post here...

17. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I still have a 256MB PC3200 Mushkin memory module which I'm not using now. I also have a Pentium III 800MHz and a Celery 700MHz, yeah these are old and I'm not srue if they still be of any use. but do let me know if you need them.

EDIT: I think I still have some SDRAM modules :lol:

18. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i want ur p3 800 :haha: :p

19. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

His birthday is coming up, be nice and let him have the 800... :haha:

20. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

ROFL! :lol: I will let you have it if you come to bintulu :haha: