The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Good for taking bike shoots outside I guess... Normally I just leave it lying on the ground.

Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk

2. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Isn't that the whole point of owning a bike? :mrgreen::haha::beer::dance::wicked:

3. Chai

LOL! Good point! :thumb: That reminds me of some photos hiding in my phone somewhere...

4. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Upgraded to clipless... and with it, markings for the rite of passage. :haha:

P4023871.jpg

Trinity likes this.
  5. Chai

Wow... getting really serious... Haven't had the balls to ride clipless. MTB is a different ball game though. :haha:

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I picked up some new earbuds for running - V-Moda Forza Metallo.

[​IMG]

I love my V-Moda M-100 cans. These are nice too (not as bass heavy - but great soundstage).

Needed something that was more sweat proof since my Shure SE-215 cables are starting to show corrosion from sweat (drivers look ok though so will probably just buy a new cable).

Sent from my Fruit Phone using Tapatalk

7. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I heard SPD cleats are a lot easier to clip out compared to SPD-SL. Also much easier to walk around with. But I guess with MTB it depends on your route and style, if you need to take your feet off often then flats avoid the hassle of constantly clipping on and off... but if you're on bumpy terrain and want to avoid pedal-to-shin hits then clipless would be better.

Nice, but I wonder why you didn't go for "active lifestyle" earbuds like those Sony sport models instead; I figure those would at least be better at sweat resistance than ordinary ones. Also not sure how well the metal body will hold out against sweat... :think:

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Because the sport earbuds that I've heard so far all sound like crap (I can be a little picky). I'll be carrying these when I'm camping in the middle of no where (so I need them to sound "good" outside of running too).

I can be pretty demanding on gear so hoping the metal body could be more durable. I hope it stands up and resists corrosion. Weight was more of an issue for me and there wasn't much difference between the plastic body one that they have.

Sent from my Fruit Phone using Tapatalk

9. Chai

If only the decision was so simple... LOL. It's true that clipless can prevent pedal strikes like this. http://forums.techarp.com/attachments/dsc_0167-jpg.28151/ But clipless can create a lot of problem if you are not very confident at technical sections...