The ATI Radeon Cooler Mod Guide

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Jan 3, 2004.

1. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

waaaaaaa......why the pics not in the guide?????.....new update?????? :think: :think: :think: :think:

2. hawkeye

hawkeye Newbie

Good article on the GPU HS mod Chai!! :clap: As I do own a similar card, I was wondering whether your core shim got in the way when installing the new sink... if it is, maybe it might be preventing even better contact with the core :roll:

You see, the shim around my R9500 core seems to be a bit higher than the core itself, thus preventing full contact of any HS mod. Unless of course, I use a dremel to mill down the sides of the new HS. This particular shim has prevented me from installing any sort of custom HS and has been a pain in the a$$ for me ;) removal of the shim is risky business and I don't want to risk it... for now ;)

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Max_87: I bought the blower a few years back from US. Now it really becomes handy! :thumb:

hawkeye: Yes, I've checked the contact. Actually I was surprised that the core is touching the heatsink completely, because of another heatsink, the result is not the same.

4. Geeky1

Geeky1 Newbie

Haven't been keeping up with the thread... stupid spam filter..

AAAAAnyhow... hawkeye, I found that with my mod (see the link in my first post) the shim wasn't a problem either. I think the reason for this is simply that the increased clamping pressure of the screws vs. spring clips compresses the shim just enough for it not to be a problem.

5. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

spam filter?????? :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

6. Geeky1

Geeky1 Newbie

Yahoo Mail's spam filter. It has a tendency to think that any and all thread reply notification e-mails are spam, and apparently I forgot to create a filter for these forums.

7. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Seen any similar blower here?

8. Chai

No, and I don't recommend this type of blower as well.

9. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

not powerful enough?

10. beebop

beebop Newbie

hi just read this article..all i gotta say is, it's really nice.. but i got a question about the drill bit used..according to the article, the screw u used is 2.5mm in diameter and so is the drill bit, but wouldnt the screw be loose since the hole and the screw itself is of same diameter

ps. btw the article says 2.5cm drill bit and bolts, but i think 2.5cm is abit large. is that a typo :?:

11. Chai

Yeah, I made a mistake there. It wasn't a typo. I forgot to include the thread when measuring. Thanks for informing us. We will correct the mistake. :)