The Canny Ong Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, Jun 30, 2003.

1. Brian

Brian Newbie

maybe, but as in far of percentage of cases solved, i don't think so. or unreported or erased :roll: cases due to something about someone in a position of power. corruption is also something big in the police force

2. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

so heard this is the story... canny ong was under a charm... er... kena pukau lah... by the people who wanted to rape her... as u know.. when ur under a charm you would go crazy and obey every word... so like she did... the people took her car and drove and drove... he drove till he was lost... then he came down to ask for directions... and the person who he ask for directions knows canny ong... dunno why he/she didont do anything... canny's friend thinkking that the rapist was her friend... she didont care and gave the directions... then the rapist drove again... then at suddenly they were stopped by the polis because the polis suspect something weird.... so the rapist manage to speak his way out... as u can know canny was under a charm and she cant do anything.. she is like having a died soul in her body... then I guess he drove to a place and rape and killed her...

they are many cases like this too.. under charms... I know once my mom told me... there were once a lady... who met a bomoh(translate this into english please) in a sudden while walking in the shopping mall or some sort... as she doesnt know he was a bomoh... he took something and showed her and she was just under a charm... then the bomoh ask her to drive to her house and take her bank book and withdraw few ten thousands... and then they just left her by the road side and fled... still got lots of story in this...

3. Brian

Brian Newbie

i don't think so. if he really charmed her i don't think she will have memory of what happened. if like that, why he still kill her?

4. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

dunno... killing for fun ? comeon... if she is not under a charm... why doesnt she call for help while the person stop for directions ? why doesnt she make some signs to da police ?

5. Brian

Brian Newbie

maybe under trauma of shock? :think:

6. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

The police have both of their I/Cs, I think that prompted the murder. Otherwise the whole situation may have turned out to be something else... you could say it was unlucky for her to have been stopped by the police. :(

:)atwl

7. Brian

Brian Newbie

maybe, but we'll never know what would have happened if the police didn't stop him

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. You really think that caused the suspect to rape and kill her??

Hmm.. IMHO, that should have prevented the murder AND rape. If someone had my IC and that of my intended victim, I wouldn't dare commit the crime. The fact that my IC was taken together with that of my intended victim is prima facie evidence (correct?) that I was with the victim on the day of the "incident".

It would be sheer suicide to continue with the crime. I wonder if the police will ever let out why the suspect did what he did. And of course, why Canny did what SHE did.

9. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

are we trying to solve this case?

10. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Hell yeah, let's do it! ARP CSI Team!
    j/k, of course.

Anyway, here's another rant:

Doesn't matter how the situation could have or have not been, what's past is past and we can only speculate, bitch, lament, blame, flame and all.

But I certainly like to know the truth behind all this. Who knows what was in the mind of the killer when his I/C was taken. Important thing is that we need to understand the criminal mind, their modus operandi, their arsenal, etc. Only then can we better prepare or equip ourselves to anticipate/face/avoid these cases entirely.

What has our world turned into..... in the US terrorism is/was rampant, and here we have murder, rape, burglary and vehicle theft cases abound. I don't feel safe leaving my backpack in the car. I don't feel safe leaving my car in any car park without putting a double wheel lock. I don't feel safe walking around without my trusty steel nunchakus.

Sometimes I just want to wait for something to happen so that I can jump into the fray and teach these guys a lesson. We need to turn the tides; the good guys need to start fighting back!

There... off my chest. Now I'm feeling better! :)

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

But most of these guys are big and you are only one person, how to fight? And you don't know when and where things will happen. :D

Wheel lock is not safe. Heard of the lock advertise on tv that locks ur brake/clutch? That one is cool. :clap:

The only safest place is the police station. I wish I can live there. :D

No where is safe anymore. Some ppl just don't care whether ppl suffer. They just want fun and excitement. So, all we can do is take precaution and watch our back and our family's and friend's back. :angel:

12. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

lol don't take my post too seriously, I was just venting. ;)

Anyway, of course I don't want to meet up with big, burly guys whenever possible but I am always prepared just in case anything happens. After all, you never know who you'll bump into at the corner of the street. And I'll be prepared to help anyone in trouble if I end up at the right place and at the right time.

Also I do realize that I'm no fighter when it comes to brawn but that's a misconception that a lot of people have about combat. Size matters but isn't the only decisive factor in a fight. Keeping a cool, level head and making precise, surgical strikes are also important. A good, precise hit in the eyes, nose, throat or chest can stun or even bring down the stoutest person. Knowing when to strike and when to back off and run is also very important - life is not a movie and nobody is a Rambo in the real world.

I've trained myself with nunchakus for some time now and have had my own fair share of "accidents" that hurt. I mean REALLY HURT. All I will say is that you do not want to ever be at the wrong end of my nunchaku! I could break somebody's skull if I ever lashed out at someone with that sort of intent.

There now, another rant/vent over. Does't change the world a bit, so don't take this too seriously! :dance:

13. Brian

Brian Newbie

my friend car got broken into when they parked at the roadside and went to eat. broke the side glass and took all the stuff there. not stealing, but bad enough

14. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Now that they have cremated Canny, lets hope that the family will start living a normal life again.

Its never easy losing a loved one. I am so sad for Canny's husband that have just returned to San Diego, USA from Malaysia. I bet he must be so tormented.

My prayers goes out to Cannny's family and husband. :pray:

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

My prayers too. :pray:

The more torturing thing is... he not knowing after a few days later coz Canny's family didn't want to tell him. Hmm... :think:

16. Brian

Brian Newbie

wahlau, that bad ar? anyway, my friends commented that he didn't look that sad compared to the others....... :think:

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Crying doesn't mean someone is very sad. The sadest thing is when your heart is crying inside but you are too weak to even shed a tear.... :(

18. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Spoken like a true champion!

19. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

they will meet again in heaven :)

btw, that raper will be executed. just read today's paper.

stupid lar that raper's lawyer.
    does he know that he is earning "dirty" money? does he know that ppl from our society might hire some gangsters to teach him a lesson for helping an animal?? lotz of ppl are very angry with what the raper has done and now he is still helping him?
    stupid lawyer. he is looking for trouble.

20. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Yes Zue, the rapist has been charged in court as of today.

The truth is that everyone is entitled to a defence and all laws are based upon the fact that "Everyone is innocent until proven guilty".

That means, he must have a lawyer that will defend him and if he cannot afford one, the State (Government) must provide one for him. This is to facilitate a fair and impartial trial so that everyone will be satisfied in the end.

Also I would like to note something and I do not mean to create an ethnic stir whatsoever. I had assumed during the past reports that the rapist was a Chinese man but instead he turned out to be a Malay. Did anybody heard that the rapist was a Malay prior to the charge?