The Canny Ong Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, Jun 30, 2003.

1. fuzzy

fuzzy Newbie

Well, giving a 'Free Sex Week' every Sunday would help prevent a lot of these.

The fund that is supposed to be used for installing CCTV, hiring more cops, doctors, judges or jail can be used instead to pay thosehard working prostitute, the 'holiest' job of them all.

And we should let the victims decide how to punish the rapist.

2. ktooken

ktooken Newbie

You'll enjoy being raped by a man? :lol:

wow you really cannot put yourself in other peoples shoe. To 'you' he's not strong, but canny is not 'you', she's a weak pretty girl. pretty girls where got muscles at all? they fear it... for the fear of not looking pretty. and he works at the airport storage, he probably lifts a lot of heavy stuff, sure stronger than us sitting here facing computer everyday.

:lol: i also don't think some guy is going to rape you, :roll: but neither did canny expect anything to happen during a holiday, at bsc, and when she has no enemies... :think:

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

That's a start. And our society being so damn conservative maybe one of the reason. Even if you discuss sex in the public, everyone will look at you one kind. :wall:

And condoms... so many are afraid to buy condoms. LOL! Coz when you go to pharmacy, the ppl will look at you one kind too. Vending machine for condoms would be a good start too... :whistle:

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

How do you know she's weak? She told you? :shock: And what makes you think pretty girls are weak. Please support your statement. :D

5. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

That's why I always go out prepared.

Just wondering... how many of us would actually help if we witness something like this happening? Would YOU call the authorities, yell to the (nearby) public for help, rush in and assist, or just pretend you never saw it?

:)atwl

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I will help and die trying. :D

My father said he read from newspaper or heard from his friend that there were 4 guys and 1 lagy out on some day... and one car came and kidnap the lady in broad daylight. The 4 guys just stood there and stare away. I mean WTF is this? 4 guys!!! But the car have 6 guys la. But still... at least the 4 guys can do something instead of staring away just like that. :shock: :snooty:

7. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

ktooken...u drawing conclusions ler..
    she's a black belt in taekwondo..she's a mountain climber orsomething...so sportswomen..so..she's NOT weak!
    dat guy is an aircraft CLEANER! wut heavy weight?the most also is a bucket of water...or a hose ler...
    if want 2 discuss... also base on facts ler! :mrgreen:
    but dun fight...we all here coz we curious...about the facts...,right? :naughty:

8. ktooken

ktooken Newbie

do you know they say already, taekwondo is impracticle as self defence. mountain climber or not. she is not weak among women that may be correct. but i am very sure the man is stronger than her. anyway he probably had a weapon too, to her face. would she want her face scarred? no... lol you don't know what its like to be an employer huh, you'd overwork your cleaner, make him do other things that are not part of his job, didn't you read, he had a grudge against his ex box and he tot canny was her. probably his ex boss made him do too many hard tasks.

not fighting ler...

9. ktooken

ktooken Newbie

anyway you are right about me getting the fact about the rapists job wrong

but that wasnt the point, i was just pointing out he is a physical labourer, thus he definately more prep than us. cleaner you think easy? mop mop mop mop your arms will become very strong... if it was so easy, why don't you start doing all your home chores :D

its not like i said he was a manager or engineer

10. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

yah..but dun think women not strong, k? i know a girl who can put down any MAN any day,.. k... she look small but very combat capable..taekwondo not good enough? really or not...
    even then...taekwondo is better than the washing aircraft skill they teach at aircraft washing school...j/k
    i dun think she is weak..her friends say she is strong..capable..
    also..police stop the car...policeman actually approach the car...she can just say...help... no need fight... but she didn't
    logic says that cannot be so many coincidence ler...and u cannot put everything under psychology 8)

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Not all taekwondo is no used or weak. You just need a good school and a good instructor. That is all. And the class offered at my uni... that one is just for co-curiculum activities. :D

I have friends that are quite good at taekwondo it seems. Our Peaz is one of them. :lol:

12. ktooken

ktooken Newbie

but that girl you know is not canny ong *sigh*. she may be strong and capable, but it depends on the situation. in normal circumstances she probably can perform well. but she was suprise attacked and with weapon. and the man was attacking whom he thought was his old boss which he is very angry with, he is prepared while she is not. its like someone hitting you at the back of your head in a fight.

you didn't read my statement properly, the reason she didnt ask for help is because it would mean they both have to go back police station and her family and friends would then know she was raped. which for anybody, like i made the example you as a guy was violated. wouldn't want anybody to know (only during that moment) yes most people eventually might tell. but when it just happen, most people are stuck with their humility to face with. i did not put everything under psychology, i just think all the rumours and supernatural explanations are unhealthy. its what leads to a lot of rubbish like selling a rock to an old lady for her whole life savings rubbish.

13. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I don't really know about Tae Kwon Do but from what I have seen in competitions broadcast on TV, doesn't it emphasize a little *too much* on kicking? I mean... it's great (and deadly) if you have the range and are prepared, but wouldn't it be a bit ineffective at "mugging" range compared to say... Karate, Hapkido, Jeet Kuen Do or plain street fighting (and I do NOT mean Street Fighter games)?

Maybe Peaz can answer this one....

14. ktooken

ktooken Newbie

please, i did not say it's no use or weak. i said it was 'impractical' i'm being concise and you bend it another way. a hammer may be powerful but you dont use it to whack a screw in. have you fought before? aside sparring in a ring, have you been suddenly attacked before? aside from those stupid lousy drunk fights and stupid school boys fight, have you seen a real fight? it ends very fast and the moves are hardly punches and kicks.

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

It does emphasize on kicking but they do have punching as well. And they punch woods too. Usually they use those fake wood for demonstration but they do use real ones for training. :D

And again... why do you think she was already raped before the police stopped them? Got any facts or it's just one of the guesses. :think:

16. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

eh... u confusing me ler...
    if i'm not wrong..he kidnap her...took her driving for 4 hours around town and then rape + kill her... so why malu to run away when got 2 chances?
    no one believe that bomoh thing ler..i know i dun lar..it's stupid...what does this aircraft cleaner know about charming ppl??
    anyway..if he want revenge..i think its stupid for him to pick the wrong person..no logic at all..

17. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I hate girls who care more about their "face" than the immediate and obvious. Ya I know that's how a lot of Malaysian girls think... and that's the reason why so many rape cases go unreported. They should just SNAP OUT of that traditional way of thinking but..... duh! :wall: :wall: :wall:

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I would love to have a real fight but who would? My friend wouldn't. And yeah... I have seen real fights. Even those taekwondo tournaments at my uni are very real, especially some Indians(not racist comment) fight like they want to kill you. A few of my friends got broken nose and broken leg from it. :D

Hmm... would love to pick up taekwondo or karate but too late now. Hmm... :think:

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Err... it's not like they don't want to report. Have you watch the chinese drama on tv before? If the lawyers really do ask questions like in the chinese dramas, who would want to report and face public humiliation? You don't know Malaysians? They blame the victims more than the rapist itself. They even look down on them. Damn! :snooty: :wall: :whistle:

20. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Uh, pls don't mind my ignorance but wouldn't the head/leg attack warrant disqualification in a tournament?

Anyway, don't bother picking up an artistic or sporting style of martial arts. If you want something effective in combat, take up something freeform (only saw this in a book, don't know if there are classes) where the emphasis is on real fighting and not styles, stances, kata, forms, etc.

In MPH bookstore in Mid Valley, I once saw a book which shows technique on facing muggers with knives, disabling people who sneak up on you from behind and other useful street fighting skills. Too bad it was just a book, having a real instructor teaching such a course would have been great.