The Fallout 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Adrian Wong, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Man, I love Fallout 3! It has the same feel as Bioshock, which is odd since they were developed by different people. :think:

Anyway, I'm starting a thread on it. Let's discuss everything about Fallout 3 here. :thumb: :thumb:

Okay, first off, I completed many of the quests but the main quest of searching for Dad still bugs me.

I've met Dr. Li at Rivet City and she tells me to go look for Dad's location in his hologram tapes. I had already found them in the Vault 101 labs earlier but there's nothing in there to tell me where he is. So, I'm stuck...

Anyone know how I should proceed? Thanks! :)

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Actually, the tapes (specifically #10) should point out he was looking for the GECK. And an earlier tape (#8) stated that the overseer at Vault 112 (Braun) has a GECK. Vault 112 is west from Evergreen Mills and the entrance is hidden in a garage (Smith Casey's I think) as per the holotape. :mrgreen:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I kinda liked Fallout 3 too. Quite open-ended, especially the weapons system.

I love using Melee weapons and I could pounce on enemies and do the cutting and the bashing before they could get me with their long ranges! :)

Still, there's a lot to experiment in the game. I wish they have some more mission packs in the game too. :)

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

DLCs coming out this month, next and March. The one in March continues the story line.

You will have a hard time if you just go melee later on in the game. :D Either that or have tons of med packs.

5. The_YongGrand

That's very cool. I hope it continues where it left off from the main ending - it's a little bit too abrupt. :haha:

Well, I don't use melee afterwards because these people are getting harder to kill. And rushing towards them couldn't give me an advantage because they might nail me down in long range first.

Still, I love the big guns and the small guns skills. :haha:

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah. They really added some really good twists to the game by selecting the perks. :D

I just read that the DLC that continues the story line, they will be increasing the level cap to 30. Thank God! :pray:

7. Adrian Wong

Damn... I must have missed it. :wall: :wall:

I heard about the GECK before, but I didn't tie it up with the holotapes. Been listening to it again and again, but I couldn't get any of that. Maybe I should have enabled subtitles fort the conversations. LOL!!!

8. Adrian Wong

Yeah, I loved the perks. Hehe.. Adds a little spice to the game. :thumb:

BTW, anyone tried becoming "evil" in the game? Or are we all goody-boys? :haha: :haha:

I think unless you become evil and start selling people as slaves, you can't get into that "slave trader's town". I forgot what it's called.

9. The_YongGrand

I'm playing neutral in this game - which could have a collection of good and bad stuff played together. :)

Still when I had nothing better to do I would go around the wasteland strolling around and bump into new places! :)

10. Adrian Wong

Me too... just watch out. Sometimes, the wildlife can just jump out without warning! :haha: :haha:

I still have a problem killing Mirelurks. Have to shoot them in the face, or I will need a LOT of ammo! :D

11. The_YongGrand

I usually use my collection of cool melee weapons picked up. Too bad my 'Sneak' points isn't too much, or else I could have taken some more advantage on it!

But too bad... the 'Bloody Mess' trait has been changed. Instead of fragmenting the enemy - it's disintegrating/gibbing/reducing the opponent. :haha:

At least, I don't have to walk around back and forth to one city to another - there's the "Jump to" feature once you walked to that place. Too bad, Far Cry 2 didn't allow to do that. (except the bus stop) :beer:

12. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I always play like as if I was actually making the choices. So most were nice (and I am a level 20 good character). Paradise Falls is the name of the slavers place. You get the Mezz gun there (which I did) and then I promptly cleared the whole place... :mrgreen:

I just use VATS for that. :p

13. Adrian Wong

Me too, but how did get in? Shoot your way in? LOL! Cause if I remember correctly, they won't let you in unless you are a slaver.

Yeah, I use the VATS for that too. Just wondering what weapons are most effective. I tend to use the hunting rifle or Chinese assault rifle for Mirelurks.

14. Adrian Wong

Damn, now I know why I don't know where to go. LOL!!!

I only have these so far :
    - Project Purity Personal Journal : Entry 1, 2 & 3
    - Project Purity Journal : Entry 7 & 8

The #8 tape didn't mention anything about GECK so I think I do not have the tapes mentioned. I went back to Vault 106 again but couldn't find any additional tapes. There was a locked door though but I cannot get in because I do not have a lockpick skill of 100 yet. :wall:

I also went back to Vault 101 but there's no way to get in. I guess the holotapes must not be in there.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  15. Adrian Wong

Dang.. Now I know why the Quest is so screwed up. :haha: :haha:

Here's an excerpt from the Fallout 3 wiki :

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

The good news is now I know where to go....

On a second note, I found Lincoln's Repeater. Man, that's a really SWEET weapon!

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I'm still at the beginning... out of the vault and into the town nearby... dunno what it's called. Went into Atom Church, stole the food in the refrigerator, then got beaten up by the whole church. :haha:

I retried to steal when noone is watching, nothing happened, then I went out of the church and reentered, they started shouting and beating me up. KNN... :p

17. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!!! You went rogue so fast??? :haha: :haha:

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I still haven't realized the different color code, green and red at that time. :mrgreen:

DYKT: You can gain UNLIMITED XP when you up your 'speech' and talk to someone at somewhere? When it fails? You use the same conversation again and again until it succeeds? Gain XP unlimited... :haha:

But I'm already beyond that... now have to deal with the crash that I have. Always crash at the Mart near to Megaton. Got to the front door, saw some gang coming... went over to the gang, then crashed!!! :wall: Now I'll try to avoid the gang 1st... see if ok or not.

And will also try this with ffdshow codec that was said to solve crashes...

19. Adrian Wong

Really????? Where and how? It's definitely a bug. :think:

Hmm.... You sure it's not a driver problem? NVIDIA has admitted that their 181.20 WHQL driver will crash Fallout 3.

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The mart where that lady at Megaton asked to research for food and supplies? Ok, I went pass that already. Somehow the bug disappear when I hid and waited for 7 hours. :haha: