The Fallout 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Adrian Wong, Jan 9, 2009.

1. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Yeah, when you get your villians "up, close and personal"!, or when you are just near your enemy! :haha:

Anyone tried the new Fallout 3 addon already? :thumb:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Not yet. Was hoping that someone tried it out so we will know how good it is. :mrgreen:

3. The_YongGrand

Ooh I tried that with my bro yesterday. It was a VR mission where it takes the player to Alaska and the player is assigned to help the America's army to liberate the place from the Chinese invasion.

Typically it's good - there's no stimpaks or whatever whatsoever, so you might could blind-fight your way out without much planning since the health and ammunition refill stations in checkpoints are totally unlimited.

But the ending ... it's too abrupt. Can't tell you the rest of the story tho. :haha:

4. Adrian Wong

Oh! You tried it already?

How long does it last? And do you start with your current character, or someone new?

5. The_YongGrand

Well, 3-4 hours of gameplay. I started with the character which is already level 17 (going to finish the main plot already anyway) - a wee bit too easy for the new addon. Completing the mission will earn you new stuff and weapons (can't expose too much of the spoilers!). The power suit from the mission is not that useful anymore since I have the Tesla armor in my hands which has more stat upgrades.

I guess this addon is meant for those people who are in the middle of playing the whole game - where he/she haven't ever obtained any power suit access yet (but with training). :whistle:

But I found the Chinese soldiers, when they speak, they have weird Chinese accent. I guess the voice actors isn't Chinese. Heck, I can speak better than them, even without my Mandarin lessons! :haha:

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I like to use combat shotgun and go upclose and personal with the mutants... Well, shotgun doesn't work from distance. :haha:

Crashed again... updated driver already. I just noticed that (not a coincidence I supposed), it almost always happen when I am going to meet a group of merc. :think: I go near.. then poof... crash. That's why I have to restart and go a different route the next time around. :wall:

7. Adrian Wong

Updated Fallout 3 yet?

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Nope. Started it up again and waited for 7 hours and went another way. :haha:

9. Adrian Wong

LOL!! Are they Talon Company mercenaries? Or some of those "hunters" who are actually cannibals?? :twisted:

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

It's those Talon lo...

11. Adrian Wong

Ahhh.. I love killing those Talon mercenaries! They have got loads of booty on them! :twisted:

Did you kill any Enclave soldiers yet? They are really good for booty too, although their power armour is really too heavy for the protection they offer.

The best armour I've found so far is the Reilly's Rangers armour.

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Got fed up with the crashes when I meet the Talon guys... so, from afar, I just spam nades at them (even though they appeared to be friendly greens on my radar) and walaa... no crashes. Found out later when I searched their bodies, they have contract to kill me. The 2nd contracts on me thus far. :D

So, next time I see them, sorry la... :mrgreen:

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah, I just drop em each time I see them (PITA). And you see them all the time. Their HQ is somewhere in downtown DC... :o

14. Adrian Wong

Yeah, but I think they have a few camps. I love to "raid" their camps. Hehe.. Lots of booty, and "fingers" to collect! :thumb:

Still trying to figure out where to get the alien guns. I read that it's a random event. :wall:

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

How many save games do you guys have? I have over 400 now... save everytime I kill some or not. Just don't want to go way back if I wanted to repeat it if my kills were not good enuf. :mrgreen:

Now... I just need to find the doggie. :wave:

16. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Dogmeat! :D

Hey Adrian, I thought I told u where to get the alien blaster already???

The firelance is a random encounter at super duper mart, but the alien blaster is at the alien crash site.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  17. Adrian Wong

Hey, just use the Quick Save and Quick Load!!!! :haha: :haha:

I haven't found Dogmeat yet. I have Charon as a follower, but I prefer to go solo, so I left him at "home". :mrgreen:

Haven't had the time to go hunting for the alien blaster yet. Intend to do so this weekend! :twisted:

18. peaz

I now have dogmeat and Flawkes :D

19. Adrian Wong

Are they really useful? :think:

20. peaz

Dogmeat is useful to find items for you, but make sure he's always near you. Deathclaw turns Dogmeat into dog meat real fast. Flawkes, well I use him mostly as a 'enemy detector' when I'm running to a location, so I don't need to constantly look behind to make sure I get no suprise attacks from behind me

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009