The Fallout 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Adrian Wong, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Of course got use. But Quick Save is only one save. And I like to cover all areas thus the many many saves. So that I can go back if I decide to. :mrgreen:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, I found Charon to be quite useful when I was weaker but now that I'm all levelled up, he's quite "useless". He can get killed by Giant Scorpions, which means I have to keep looking out for him. :wall: :wall:

3. Adrian Wong

Wow... Good luck to you then! Hahahaha...

I'm now thinking of restarting. I made some bad choices when I created my first character. :haha: :haha:

I now think it would be more useful to have greater agility. :thumb:

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Agility? Why? Which is more important?

5. Adrian Wong

I found out how important it is after playing with my current character - it determines the number of AP (action points) you get in VATS mode. Darn useful when you want to engage multiple targets in one VATS round.

Luck is also useful - it increases the chance of critical hits.

6. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Hey... that new Broken Steel mod gonna come soon! :)

Well, I wish that they actually sell the Fallout 3 package with the addons and the Broken Steel mod. Damn, that must be real good! :)

I still can't wait to use the sledge hammers and knives to destroy nemesis in the game. Ha ha ha ha,... :)

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well its not a mod. :p

It's a DLC (Downloadable Content) for the game (aka expansion). I think they will be releasing some bundles but those will usually just come with coupons to download it through Live.

I think it should be coming out on Tuesday over here. Time for a $20 MS Points card so I can get GTA IV's DLC as well. :D

I couldn't really see the point of getting the last 2 expansions (woefully short from what I've read).

8. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Oooh i see. But from what I read, the new DLC is actually the continuation from the ending of the main plot in Fallout 3. Those two other DLCs are short, but they supplied some weapons for one to play with in the 'playground'.

Damn, I wish they have a bundle pack DVD of these mods and the game. Currently, how could I ever obtain those DLC from the MS Live Game? I could buy Steam games from my college debit card (not college money, just the emblem of my college on the card), but not sure whether they will release Steam versions for these collection as well. :haha:

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Even if you were to buy the game off of steam, the DLCs would still be from Games for Windows Live. Dawn of War II is like that.

The Games for Windows Live client is installed with Fallout 3 and you can browse the add-ons there. I personally don't really like it as its too much of a port from console (the two are like oil and water in my book as far as interfaces go - ZOMG especially the super unresponsive in game interface :mad: ).

Attached Files: