the ipod nano is one tough dude...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by aKho, Oct 28, 2005.

1. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

wanna read the gory details? check out the link below. suffice to say... the nano passed all the test above except the last one...

:faint: :faint: :faint:

source : http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/nano.ars/3

Attached Files:

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

this has been posted before already :) But then, the ipod nano also had problems, at least for a certain batch, for using lousy low grade screens.

3. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

Old article :) I posted that on the forums the day the article came out :)

Actually, Ken - the iPod nanos use the same material as all other older iPods, just that a certain batch happened to be slightly defective.

I've had my nano for... almost 3 weeks now, no scratches :) Plus, it ships with a protective plastic layer... those fussy people can just leave it on and slip on a protective casing for their nano. Honestly I don't see what's the fuss.. these people who are suing Apple over it are demanding for reimbursements and a share of Apple's profit. What a joke.

4. aKho

oops... i did a DDP... :shifty:

5. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I thought that only applies to the white ones... :shifty:

6. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

You mean to say the black ones go to hell then? :)

7. aKho

you raciology! :shock:

racist + technology :whistle:

8. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Er............
    Didn't mean it that way :doh:

9. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

yeah, i heard about the issues with the screen...did they do a recall for all those defective ones? does that mean we can get ipod nanos now and not have to worry about the screen prob?

10. aKho

i was asking about the nano today, but the sales person is telling me that they're not good, having loads of problem etc...

i think that one small pebble of a problem on some nano's caused a big ripple in everyone's mindset.

i still think it's cool... :whistle:

11. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

Where and whom did you ask?

And what kinda 'lots of problems' problems did the person mention?

Because I've been using my nano without any problems - like I said, only a particular production batch was affected and that was recalled. Mine had no problems at all.

12. aKho

yeah i agree with you. i asked a local seller here in Kuching. they had ipods... just not any nano's.. and he told me that they don't order those cos it has problems.

any thoughts on getting a wireless headset for your cool nano? i hate cables... :whistle: