The Mobile GPU Comparison Guide

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by peaz, May 2, 2004.

1. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

2. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yes that will probably do.

Please stop by and read our rules and regulations particularly this bit:
    Thanks. :arp:

4. ^eMpTy^

^eMpTy^ Newbie

from mikeshardware.co.uk:

Also note that there is no such thing as a "mobility radeon x800 pro".

from ATi's website:

Note the lack of a Pro.

Also note that if you google "Mobility Radeon X800 Pro", the only english results that come back are from this site:

http://www.google.com/search?q="mobility+radeon+x800+pro"

My best guess is that the XT was marketed as the Pro in foreign countries, or was renamed at some point.

5. ^eMpTy^

^eMpTy^ Newbie

On an entirely separate issue, the GeForce Go 7800 has 16 pipelines, not 20. And it's default clock is 350/550 not 320/550.

That comes directly from the nvidia's reviewers guide for the chip. If you guys have seen different numbers elsewhere, I'd like to see them.

Here's my page for the Go 7800:

http://www.gpureview.com/GeForce-Go-7800-card-410.html

6. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

definitely the pipeline number is wrong..
    but the factory clock speed issue is quite troublesome, since diff website gives diff figures..

but at the end of the day, notebook mfg will haf the final say..

7. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The guide has just been updated! :wave:

These days, there are so many mobile GPU models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this guide to provide an easy reference for those who are interested in comparing the specifications of the various mobile GPUs in the market as well as those already obsolescent or obsolete.

Currently covering more than 60 mobile GPUs, this comprehensive comparison will allow you to easily compare 14 different specifications for each and every GPU! We hope it will prove to be a useful reference. We will keep this guide updated regularly so do check back for the latest updates!

Here are the updates:-
    [​IMG]

Link : Mobile GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 5.3!

9. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

den wad abt the X700 texture unit thing i mentioned earlier on?

10. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

i still dunno why every ati card has only ONE texture pipeline & nobody's replying my question.

http://www.mikeshardware.co.uk/RoadmapQ405.htm

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That's because the people who are maintaining the articles are busy. Honestly, if I know, I would have replied already.

12. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hey, hey, sorry for the super late reply. Been super busy moving to PJ. Phew!

Anyway, about the 7800 GTX, that's what I was told by NVIDIA when I went over for Editor's Day.

Yes, there were GeForce 7800 GTX, especially in the demo models. But they switched over to the GeForce 7900 GTX since it's smaller, cooler and faster.

I'm not sure if any GeForce 7800 GTX actually made it out in retail units. I know quite a few people quoted GeForce 7800 GTX SLI in the specs sheet but whether NVIDIA changed that in time, I have no idea.

But really, there's no need to post so many examples. We all get your drift. It would be easier to just post them all in one post. :D

In any case, it's no big deal to just list down the GeForce 7800 GTX SLI. We will do that in the next update.

We will definitely take into consideration all the items posted above. But I don't get the point about ATI cards having only one texture pipeline. Where did we state that?

AFAIK, we have been posting it as 4x1 or 8x1 or 16x1. That does NOT denote a single texture pipeline. We will probably edit that a bit to avoid confusion.

13. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Thanks for all the info :) I will update the guide ASAP!

14. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

but if you look at NVIDIA's website, the fill rate of Go 7800 is 6400 MPixels/s and if Go 7800 only has 16 pipes and runs at 350Mhz, the fill rate would be only 5600 MPixels/s :roll:

15. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

Chai:
    lol... ok.. i shall be more patient fr now on =P

Adrian:
    okok.. next time i know wad to do..
    den wad's the 4x1, 8x1 thing means?

16. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

4 x 1 means 4 pipelines, 1 pixel/texture per pipeline.

Anyway, I already updated the section, so it won't be confusing anymore :mrgreen: It should be posted soon.

17. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

erm... ok
    now it makes more sense to me..
    thx for the clear up =)

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The guide has just been updated! :wave:

These days, there are so many mobile GPU models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this guide to provide an easy reference for those who are interested in comparing the specifications of the various mobile GPUs in the market as well as those already obsolescent or obsolete.

Currently covering more than 60 mobile GPUs, this comprehensive comparison will allow you to easily compare 16 different specifications for each and every GPU! We hope it will prove to be a useful reference. We will keep this guide updated regularly so do check back for the latest updates!

Here are the updates:-
    [​IMG]

Link : Mobile GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 6.0!

19. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

that's much better, thx ah...

20. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

LOL! :lol: No problem