The North Bridge Wet-Sanding Guide Posted!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Dec 18, 2003.

1. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

unfortunately blitzy, because of my stupidity :p I killed the board after I wet sanded it.

I've already passed the dead board to Clawhammer, hopefully he can fix the mosfet. I will try to measure the temp is claw is able to fix the board :) :angel:

2. streem

streem Newbie

3. Sam_Q

Sam_Q Newbie

Adrian thats an impressive effort to sucessfully pull off such a stunt. However there is no before and after testing, there is nothing to say that all that work was for nothing. For a person to write a guide and not even do proper testing is very unprofesional. If we dont even know what this acheives then whats the point?

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Sam_Q: Do you know ZuePhok is the reviewer? And his board was damaged like the picture above just a few days after the mod was completed? ;)

5. Sam_Q

Sam_Q Newbie

no I dint know that my mistake

thanks for the corection

6. Chai

Hey, no problem. :) We learn from mistakes everyday, and we will try not to make the same mistake again in the future. :)

7. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

SamQ I'm so very sorry for not being able to include any before and after testing results :) I would do it now right away if I still had the baord in working condition :) unfortunately I killed it a few days after I wet sanded it..thus wasn't able to conduct any temp/fsb testing :) so sorry about that :)

one thing that I hope you can understand is that the purpose of this article is to guide ppl out there how to wet sand their northbridge...not an article to show what kinda result can we expect after wet-sanding our northbridge :)

8. Sam_Q

Sam_Q Newbie

hey no problem ZuePhOk, I was more of a sujestion than a condemnation! Perhaps next time because well you do need another motherboard afterall!

out of inerest I wonder if that motherboard is repairable, perhaps it may well be possible to replace that power regulator?

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

that board is with my friend now :)
    hopefully he can fix it :)

thx for the suggestio SamQ :) :thumb: :thumb:

10. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

:wave: :) yeah. i agree. show some temps results.

11. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

hope he can repair his mobo....... :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
    any more guide zuephok????? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

12. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

i bet there is no difference in temperatures the lapped/stock northbridge :mrgreen:

13. Chai

You will definitely see the difference in temperature. But whether it affects the overclocking is another matter...

14. thale02896

thale02896 Newbie

I think it was a good article but would have liked a little more information on what type of sanding block you used. I've seen other how to's that used a wooden block with a very small mirror attached to ensure flatness and would like to know how you set your block up.

15. wildfrogman

wildfrogman Newbie

Hey, It looks like the stock nf7-s northbridge cooler is on the video card in the review? How good is it compared to the small gold heatsinks in performance? Also, I have sold a motherboard I modded with heatsinks stuck on the mosfets and the person didnt care~actually liked the heatsinks so you should always ask first and see if they want the heatsinks on the board or not.