The Official ARP Half Life 2 Thread! ;)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Viper007Bond, Nov 15, 2004.

1. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

mine stutters in hl2.

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

What resolution and what settings are they at?

Whats the specs of your pc? :think:

3. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

when it was still working it was:

2600M 11x238 100% stable im sure on that.
    NF7 2
    512mb gskill 11-2-2-2 cpc on and cpu interface on
    9800@ 440,360.

1024x768
    4xAA 8xAF

but probably still because i have 512mb only.

btw how far are you guys on it. im on the one where you just come out of the sewer alyx made you go thru. follow freeman i think.

4. no wonder, lower the aa/af man, those are crazy settings!

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I was done with it on the second day after it was released... :thumb:

Playhata is right. Those settings are way too high... Turn off the quality settings... :mrgreen:

6. antmic

antmic Newbie

Hey Guys. . . i Have an Error when i Load up halflife ( i go to new game and after it loads it gives me Memory Reference at 0$####### at #####"memory could not be read" how can i fix this. i had it since i bought it. its the retail Version. . .
    i had it posted on another thread but the thread kinda died so please help me out if you know anything.... :thumb:

Thanks

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

8. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Turn down the AA/AF settings dude ;)

9. antmic

antmic Newbie

I already went there and i did everything that it said on that sitre and i even asked a question and i havent got a reply in 1 WEEK!!!!!
    i resent the question and hoping for an answer but i gave up on Steam! thats why i came here . . . .

if it is a RAM problem would it all be fixed if i got Better RAM?!?!? ( dont wanna spend money for nothing)

10. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

Maybe try to loosen your memory timing a bit or reduce your FSB and Cpu clock... :|

11. antmic

antmic Newbie

I tried EVERYTHING! with stock speeds for everything i still had the same "memory could not be Read". i just wanna know is it cos i have bad ram? now i noticed that when i use IE for al ong time it does this and i have to shut it down . .. is this all ram related

12. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Try running Memtest86. It's a programme that will test your RAM and pick up any errors caused by bad/faulty/unstable memory.

13. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

^^^ try that.. ;)

14. Fat`Albert

Fat`Albert Newbie

15. antmic

antmic Newbie

cool thanks..... you know im really disappointed with steam's support... if you have a problem that isnt in the FAQ they dont even help...
    i sent them e mails 3 times in the span of 2 weeks... and i still got o answer....

shameful it is!

16. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

Just got HL2 Collectors Edition.
    I got this one for 3 reasons.
    1. Traded my PS2. I wasn’t playing it and I had a collection of dust so I figured why not get rid of it. This with all my games and accessories gave me just under $125 USD. I had more then enough money for it.
    2. HL1. I never played the original so I now have my chance.
    3. DVD. It allows a quicker and less hassle install.