The Pirated Software Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Viper007Bond, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond Newbie

DYKT: That's what you get for pirating software?
    DYKT: You should buy software you use a lot and like?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

DYKT: There are various reasons that could be attributed to your problem and pirated software is being far from one. If that's the case, I guess the company I'm working for is using alot of pirated goods and mind you the company is the second largest mobile telco in Malaysia so using pirated goods would be suicidal.

3. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

DYKT: Bill Gates is rich enough already? :snooty:

4. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

DYKT: Thats one of my reason i buy pirate.

DYKT: second is i still study. no money.

DYKT: i cant wait to raya!!

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

DYKT: No prob siddiq, glad you upgraded in time. :thumb:

DYKT: If I buy original software, my pc will only have Windows XP, firefox, and all the free software now? :haha:

6. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

DYKT : Pirated software is actually allowed for students?

DYKT : It's only illegal to use pirated software if you're doing so for profit directly related to the software you're using? (According to one of my Uni lecturers)

7. wodenus

wodenus Banned

DYKT : "profit" can be defined as "any advantage obtained, monetary or otherwise" ? :)

(I'm not sure this is true, though :) )

8. wodenus

wodenus Banned

DYKT : it may not be pirated ? large companies often have open licenses, so they may have very few actual copies.

9. wodenus

wodenus Banned

DYKT : Bill Gates probably doesn't make all the pirated software you have on your PC ?

DYKT : Even if he did, that's a strange justification for ripping someone off ?

10. Maximus_Detritus

DYKT : Not all of us are rich enough to buy original software?

DYKT : alot of software tends to be over-priced anyway?

11. wodenus

wodenus Banned

DYKT : anyone who can afford a RM2000 PC can afford software (which usually costs much less ?)

DYKT : There is no set price for software, so "over-priced" is just an opinion ? :) and

DYKT : just because you think software is over-priced does not give you any justification to rip anyone off ? :)

12. Maximus_Detritus

Then I'm sure EVERYTHING on your PC is original software then? (=

DYKT : alot of us students cant afford our own PCs, let alone software?

DYKT : Alot of our parents arent techies, and would really question the need to spend (for example) U$999 on Adobe Photoshop CS? (convert that. 4000 ringgit.)

DYKT : OpenSource apps are a way to get around that problem, but alot of those supposed 'students who wish to rip off other ppl' are clueless about it and not really educated enough on the subject to dip their toes in it? :D

13. DYKT : They dun sell any original software at all from where i come from.

So...

DYKT : Some of us dun have any choice but to buy pirated software even if we didn't want to?

14. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

DYKT : my pc cost almost twice that amount

DYKT : i cant afford ms. office, photoshop, macromedia, visual studio ?

DYKT : even my xp is .. ********

15. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

dykt

i aso support pirate stuff coz im a poor dude

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Really? Then does it applies to other things like mp3, etc. :mrgreen:

But I still think anything that's pirated is illegal. :D

If not illegal, then ppl trading software, mp3s, movies in P2P why get caught? It's not like they get any money from doing so. :think:

DYKT: I'm at work now. :boohoo:

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

DYKT: Not rich enough to buy software but rich enough to buy computer. :think: If so poor, can get freeware what, not that there's none around. ;)

DYKT: It's overpriced because they need to pay ppl in developing the software. But that doesn't mean you can get it for free when the ppl developing it used so much brain cells and time. :whistle:

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

DYKT: That doesn't mean you can use pirated software. Why not use freeware? If like that, do you think Robin Hood is right to steal from the rich and give it to the poor? :naughty:

DYKT: They are not not educated, they are just plain lazy and because pirated software is the easiest way out. Plus the goverment is not going all out (but they claimed they do) in erradicating pirated software. :beer:

19. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

DYKT: There are MS Office Student & Teachers edition which you can easily afford? :)

DYKT: No money to afford original software is a lame excuse? :D

20. Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond Newbie

DYKT: You guys have some weird copyright laws? :nuts:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.