The Pirated Software Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Viper007Bond, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

All these Monopoly thing reminds me of the board game monopoly, basic rule to win the game MONOPOLY, buy up all potential land, leave nothing for ur competitors, build hotels and charge a premium......and to kill of ur competitors. hmmmn doesn't that sound familiar......
    :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

DX games may have got nothing to do with you, but that's what I use my PC for most of the time! Play games! And please don't ask me to get Xbox, Gamecube or whatever, because they are not PC replacement.

If you want to do work and have fun together, there is no other choices other than MS OS.

3. wodenus

wodenus Banned

There are games for open source operating systems as well. So they don't have a monopoly in the entertainment industry either.

4. wodenus

wodenus Banned

Yes, you only win if you kill off all your competitors. As long as you have even one more competitor, even if he's almost dead, you still don't win (ie. don't have a monopoly.) That sounds familliar too. :)

5. Chai

I finally bought an original game after such a long time. But I'm extremely disappointed what I get for the amount of money I paid for. RM160 for just 5 fricking CDs only, with nothing else! I used to get more (manual, booklets, advertisement for upcoming games) for much much less. Oh, I didn't buy this game just for this arguement! :mrgreen: I can get pirated version easily for much less, and for once, pirated version do work online! So I don't get any benefits buying original at all. So why did I buy in the first place? Simple. I want to support the developers. RM160 is around 33% more than it used to cost for an original! But am I going to buy anymore original after this? Probably not unfortunately. If the price drop, I will definitely reconsider though.

Well as you said, even if original is cheaper than pirated, people will still buy pirated games... :mrgreen: And when you get the pirated version, not only you can't play online (apply for almost all the game because it needs valid cd key), you will also need to crack, and patches may not work. Smart choice! Excellent! :thumb: Oh yeah, just in case you have selective amnesia again, this is THE quote of what you said. :mrgreen:

I will also provide a direct link for your convinience. :) http://forums.rojakpot.com/showthread.php?p=149358#post149358

6. wodenus

wodenus Banned

I have no idea what your point is. Or even who you mean (you quoted me AND Adrian.) Which game did you buy that doesn't have a manual anyway ? :)

7. Chai

I can't just quote your message because it wouldn't make sense... :eh: I've already provided you a link, don't be lazy. ;)

Many of the games today doesn't come with manual. Take my brand new HL2 for example. Or falcone's years old Escape From Monkey Island.

http://forums.rojakpot.com/showthread.php?p=155074#post155074
    http://forums.rojakpot.com/showthread.php?p=154960#post154960

If you don't believe me, then go ahead and buy what you would called a non-ripped off version of HL2.

Even Bestia's European DVD version is just the same.
    http://forums.rojakpot.com/showthread.php?p=154247#post154247

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  8. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Hahaha Monkey Island was my last original game I think, RM120 for just a damn CD in Jewel case!? Look at Wing Com 3 and Wing Com 4.....loads of goodies....and at the same price RM120.

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

9. wodenus

wodenus Banned

I still don't know what your point is. What is your point ? can anyone tell me what his point is ?

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I picked up Mafia recently for 10 bucks. :thumb:
    If its cheap, I buy original. :thumb:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  11. Chai

HAHAHAHAHA! This is so funny!!! :haha: Excellent! Oh, got ripped off too? :haha: Everyone who bought original games without a booklet got ripped off too! :mrgreen:

My point of arguement is simple. People still buy original games despite having almost no advantages, except for paying thru your nose, unlike what you said.

Oh yeah, before I forget, open source OS do not support DirectX, because MS have exclusive rights on DirectX. Isn't that monopoly? ;)

Expected reply: 'No, because they can use OpenGL' Yeah...why only id Software is using OpenGL and no the rest?

12. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Wait but thats still not monopoly right Chai? :haha:

13. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

Pah, my online dictionary isnt working.. I cant find the meaning of the word monopoly... how?? I knwo its a Board Game... other than that... :shifty:

No no, openGL not monopoly! No wait, it is....? No it isn't. Wait, are you sure? :doh:

14. Chai

Probably not I guess...

15. wodenus

wodenus Banned

When did I say NO ONE buys original games ? "Some people would still buy pirated versions" also implies that other people won't, right ?

16. wodenus

wodenus Banned

Well yes, that would be the reply. I don't think "only" Id Software is using OpenGL. Some other games (like Oni) did too. It's their choice, what they want to support. I can't tell you why 'cos I don't read thier minds :)

17. Chai

When did I say that NO ONE buys original games? ;)

18. wodenus

wodenus Banned

I don't see how this is funny. When did anyone say "Everyone who bought original games without a booklet got ripped off too" ?

19. Chai

Wait wait...no need to go that far. I'm talking about DirectX games now. Is there any choice for us consumers? Developers decide to use DirectX is their choice, not ours. If I want to play DirectX games on other OSes, is that possible? Do I have a choice? ;)

20. wodenus

wodenus Banned

When did I say you did ? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.