The Ultimate Fight AMD vs Intel.

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by SAMSAMHA, Dec 18, 2004.

1. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

www.tomshardware.com is doing a stress testing top AMD and Intel systems to see which system is more stable under full stress of 3dmark05 5 days loop run. (too bad it's not on nforce4 mobo for the amd setup)

They will put the systems in live cams with details of tempratures, voltages and CPU fan rpm's.

Who you think will be the victorious.

Link

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Running at standard clock speeds?

Err.. Both systems should clear the test without any issues. :think:

3. CleanSerious5

CleanSerious5 Banned

AMD pls.

value 4 $.

4. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

that's what I thought. Although, who knows maybe we'll konw who actually designed a better chip under constant stress test. Most of our rig don't even under constant stress, in fact, I think if we adds up all the work that the cpu has done, it's probably less than a year if we consider it's under constant stress.

It's an interesting test, we may get an idea to see which chip is not just a good performer but also a more long lasting one.

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Which cave are you from? Since AMD launched Athlon64, value for money is obviously not AMD's advantage anymore. Even the A64 3200+ I bought was 3-4 times more expensive than the AthlonXP I bought just a year ago.

6. Brian

Brian Newbie

i don't think any will be more stable then the other if both aren't overclocked or such.......they can run for days and days on end and probably we'll just see nothing come out of it
    *me ticks it off as a publicity stunt*

7. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

This 'test' will not prove/disprove anything.

It is a publicity stunt. It just smacks of being a big advertising campaign. Not for INtel or AMD< but for Tom's Hardware ;)

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Its stock. Its meant to run like that... :roll:

9. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

ya. nothing to worry or test about.

10. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

we'll see if the test can reveal something. Maybe it will, who knows.

11. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Exactly!

They are designed to run at that speed. So, a five day test? That's NOTHING. :hand:

12. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I wonder why they're even bothering? Theres no purpose in it at all. Enthusiasts will know that straight off the bat... :eh:

13. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

WELL, maybe you can look for spikes and some little abnormalities to see which one is more stable.

14. CleanSerious5

CleanSerious5 Banned

cos u bought it & i dint.

15. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

What does that have to do with AMD being more exp now? :confused:

16. CleanSerious5

CleanSerious5 Banned

he asked
    Which cave are you from?

17. he told you off....whatever cs5

amd is actaully of the lower end of the performance/price ratio now, imo.

as for the origpost, cmon, thg will probably sabatoge amd, they are biased against it..

18. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I wonder if one of the companies have an interest in that publicity stunt... :think:

19. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

well, if something dramatic has revealed I am sure either company will use it for their advantage, if not, I guess it will just be something that TH done to amuse themselves.

20. thg has lots of pub stunts, actually. that little p4 at 6.who gives ghz