Thin red line on Dell 2007FP monitor

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by Adrian Wong, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hi guys... :wave: :wave:

Recently, my Dell 2007FP LCD monitor started displaying a thin red vertical line on the right side. It's visible at all times, even when the screensaver comes on. It stays the same, even when I change the resolution.

At first, I thought it was a goner... but then it disappeared! :shock:

Yay, I thought. It "healed" itself. But when I turned on the monitor the next morning, there it is again!!! :wall: :wall:

After observing it for another day, I think the line only appears if I power off the monitor. The line will then disappear after the monitor is in use for several hours.

It's really odd... Has anyone encountered this problem before? :think:

2. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

NPNT ... hahahahhahaha

nvr post a picture ? :p

3. Adrian Wong

Well, the line's gone right now. So, I will have to wait until it comes back before I grab a picture.

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Nope not on my LCD *touchwood*

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Just call Dell and replace it...

6. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

not a good news, man i want to get the 2007 but maybe I should wait. My 1905 still works without any trouble.

7. zy

change it while its still under warranty !!

8. Adrian Wong

Well, Dell has never been known for quality. :mrgreen:

So, buying any of their monitors, is kinda like a gamble. :haha: :haha:

9. Adrian Wong

Well, the thing is.. this morning, when I fired up the monitor, it's NOT there! :wall: :wall:

I can hardly complain now... But WTH, it has a 3-year warranty... :mrgreen:

10. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Even both of my 2007FP (S-PVA based) too :haha: Yellow spots started appearing on the top corner of one of my monitor and a stuck pixel appeared on the other one :wall:

I called up Dell, told them the yellow spots thingy and got it exchanged. I got a rev.A03 replacement and it's a S-IPS panel :dance: but now the biggest problem is that both of the monitors cannot match, especially the constrast level. I got fed up, called up Dell and requested a S-IPS based one and got the S-PVA one replaced :haha:

11. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

That's what I've been saying for years :haha:

12. zy

wow.. well you are lucky :mrgreen:

you have a reason for them to change for you :) dual monitor setup :)

13. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

That's exactly the reason that I gave them :haha:

14. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. Well, that's what you get when you buy cheap stuff. :haha: :haha:

The only real compensation is that Dell offers very good service. If this monitor craps out, I can count on them to have a replacement delivered to me the next business day.

But whether I get a new replacement... or a "refurbished" monitor, is another question altogether. :wall: :wall:

15. Chai

But does it matter? I mean the support is quite good, nothing to worry especially for monitor.

16. Adrian Wong

Well, I would rather have something that works all the time, instead of something that breaks down every now and then.

Besides, I have a panel that is free from any dead / stuck pixels. The replacement monitor may not be so good. :think:

17. Chai

Then you shouldn't have bought Dell.

Who doesn't want a product to last? And from my experience in the today's electronic world, nothing lasts. So I rather have good support, and best of all, it's dirt cheap.

18. Adrian Wong

Well, I got it cheap from Dell. :)

The thing is, Dell really isn't renown for their quality. It's a fact, and I don't think they are denying it.

Naturally, nothing lasts forever. But for a new monitor to break down so quickly. That's hardly normal. Well, maybe normal for Dell. :wicked:

19. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I agree :haha: (esp after the two 2007FP problem thingy)

20. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

ARRRRRGGGG!!!!:doh:

What is the matter with the world???!

CRT is better!!! imo:shifty:

Why WHY WHY!!!! Are they forcing lcd's on us?:faint: