Thin red line on Dell 2007FP monitor

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by Adrian Wong, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Well, maybe the recent price drop on 2007FP meant that quality has dropped.

2. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

It dropped again? Hmm.. Well, right after we bought the 2007FPs, they went up to about RM 2K. :think:

4. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

That's because they bundle some 'free' stuff along with the monitor which is not exactly free :haha:

If no 'free' stuff, the 2007FP would normally cost around RM1500~1600.

5. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. Yeah. :mrgreen:

Hmm.. The red line seems to be gone.. :think:

6. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Aiya... if you want to count on something breaking down, buy a NEC. :shifty: :whistle:

Crap products, shitty service... :thumb: What you get for paying the price (a low one that is)

Dell is a good trade off for the quality due to the warrant and service reliability. I didn't had problem recommending anyone to get a new notebook from Dell and I even tell them not to expect too much for the quality. But when I mention about the 3 years complete cover warranty and how Dell replace parts on the next business day, it's all good. I'm 90% buying dell on my next purchase provided that they have the specs I want. :thumb:

7. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

That's good :mrgreen: Hopefully it never appears again.

8. Adrian Wong

Yup, their warranty and service is a really big advantage. :D

9. Adrian Wong

Yeah, this monitor that I have now is pretty good IMHO. I want to stick with it if I can help it. :D

10. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Have you contacted the Dell Support? A thin red line on an LCD monitor might be a defect - quickly do a RMA... :shock:

11. Adrian Wong

It's definitely a defect... but now that the red line has disappeared.. how do I complain?? :wall: :wall:

Never mind.. Hope it doesn't come back. But if it does, well, I still have close to 3 years of warranty to count on. :thumb:

12. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

well, to be honest, I think DELL"s LCD is not that cheap, there are much cheaper lcd out there, but they suually carries less warranty. I guess it's nice to see at least Dell carries 3 year warranties. man, i wish the 2407 can drop in price....

13. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Actually, when I bought it, the 2007FP was very cheap. Well, the cheapest it ever got in recent history. :think:

But yeah, the warranty is a big thing. Of course, Sony warranty is also good, but Sony LCDs are... :shifty: :shifty: SUPER expensive! :mrgreen:

14. peaz

Sony warranty isn't as good as dell i think. especially when it comes to notebook warranty. THe completecover is just...great :D

For my LCD, I got the 5 years warranty.. :D

15. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yup, I think Dell is support is really fantastic.

I got the 5 year warranty, and I regretted it. Shouldn't have paid for the 5 year.

16. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: rox
    and it's 5 years 1to1 warranty!!!
    not just the first week 1to1, the following 259weeks you have to wait for a month type

17. dys

dys Newbie

18. peaz

Well, it was only an additional rm60+ for the additional 2 years of warranty. And electronics are just bound to be broken after a few years. So I don't see any reason not to go for it. Furthermore, Dell will reimburse with an equivalent monitor at the time if they ran out of 2007FP in the future. :)

19. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

Peaz, so break your monitor now:).

20. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

hmm my friends laptop had verticle bars which have lighter colors / higher brightness :think: