Thin red line on Dell 2007FP monitor

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by Adrian Wong, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I read an article on this, manufacturers make more money out of you thru these sorts of extended warranty protection.

Think about it, after 3 years, you are probably not getting the same S-IPS panels anymore if your monitor needs replacement. You may ended up being dissatisfied and buy a new one instead. So extended warranty down the drain.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, I read about that too. I think the problem later is that they may not actually give us a replacement monitor. Rather, they would probably keep passing us refurbished monitors.

As long as the replacement works, they are in the clear, even if the replacement monitor may actually be older than the one you have right now.

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Read that article too. It's true to some point but on the other hand, such warranty does come in handy. Especially when you get 'Dell' quality. This is especially true for their notebooks. the complete cover really does come in handy in such cases where broken LCD panels are common.

As for the LCD, it's only Rm60+ extra for insurance.. i think it's worth paying for it. If it's like RM150, that's a whole different matter entirely as it's a bit expensive for that already.

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I paid RM100 when the monitor was still at RM2250.

5. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Hmm, well, think of it this way. 4 years later, you monitor may be crapped out for some reason (touchwood) and the Rm100 will be well worth it :D that time, you can dedicate it for your Nintendo Wii perhaps while you will probably be using a dual 30" LCD setup. LMAO