underclocking ram pc26400

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by coolwhip, Feb 25, 2009.

1. coolwhip

coolwhip Newbie

I might be completely wrong here.. but i was looking at how the ram works with its latency and how you can figure out how fast your ram will run at a certain mhz with a certain cas latency. now when i opened up cpu-z it shows that my ocz pc26400 ram will run at 400 mhz with a cas of 5 which comes out to 12.5 ns and at 333 mhz a cas of 4 and that comes out to 12 ns and at 266 mhz with a cas of 3 wich comes out to 11.27 ns... so now if i were to underclock that ram wouldn't it run faster??? or have i read to much lately and im confusedddd..

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

If you really want to know how much difference it makes, you can always use a benchmark to compare.

Personally, I don't really care about RAM speed that much, because the difference is negligible, unless you are overclocking.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Generally, latency don't make much of a difference these days. But like Chai said, you can use a benchmark to be sure which is faster for you - lower latency or higher frequency.