Unifi issues : Distributing tel line and existing alarm system

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by cplng, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

In that case, you will have no choice but to retain the current phone line. :(

2. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

My previous fix line was a good number... it had the same number as my handphone! too bad had to cancel that one..

3. Adrian Wong

Wah.. That's a shame! :(

4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

since we are on unifi, has anyone here experienced any downtime before?

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Experienced once, after reseting the port, back to normal.

6. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

yeah normally if unifi down just reset modem .. unless there are red light on your fiber modem then u need to call unifi center...

7. Chai

Mine I had to call the helpdesk...

8. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Using streamyx, we have the infamous 'blinking DSL light'

So i guess now it's the infamous red light LOL

9. Adrian Wong

Well, I'm not on Unifi yet... but already started arrangements to renovate my house. Just at the first steps though - designing the place, but has anyone installed the fiberoptic cables during a renovation before?

I'm interested to know if TM will provide us with the necessary cables, or do we have to source for the cables ourselves?

10. Chai

They will provide all the cables, but make sure you have trunking, because they won't be doing any major drilling for you.

11. Adrian Wong

Oh, I intend to put trunking in. Just have to figure out the best place to put all these networking stuff and how to route the cables and trunking properly.

So I can call up TM and get the cables before I start renovating? Or do I call them in to lay the cables at the appropriate time during the renovation?

12. joy4all

joy4all Newbie

Cannot Redail..

Dear All,

my vendor alrdy integrate the alarm system with the unifi recently. My alarm system able to call-out when it is triggered. However, it will only call-out to a number once. That means when the first caller not able to receive the call. The alarm system wont recall, or call to the second phone number that I set. Any clue ? Please advice. Thanks..

13. Adrian Wong

I don't think that's a Unifi issue per se if the alarm can call out the first time. If it cannot call the second person, then you have to ask your vendor why.

14. nazl

nazl Newbie

Hi, I am facing similar issue. My house is using Unify for telephone & broadband.Since Unify phone functions through a modem, it need electricity to function. If power is disrupted, telephone will not work. My home automation system in one hand, need a phone line to function, so in event of power supply problem, etc the system will provide noticifation to us through the phone line. However since phone line is cut off when power supply is out, my alarm system won't be able to notify us. Up until now, I have asked the Unify technical support and my alarm installer, both unable to help. I am very sure, there is a solution to this issue. Please advice me anyone who share similar story

15. Adrian Wong

Same issue with Maxis FTTH. The only solution I can think of is to use a UPS to power the Unifi router and modem. Then your phone line will not be cut off if electrical power is cut to your house.

16. keehongchee

keehongchee Newbie

Hi,

I am facing similar issues as well while installing my cameras at my home then I contacted one of the Vivid solutions company to solve this issue. :lol:

17. Adrian Wong

Vivid solutions company? What do you mean?