[User Experience] Transcend DrivePro 200

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by techieme, Nov 22, 2016.

1. techieme

techieme Newbie

I bought the DrivePro 520 and love it and now that I have confidence in the brand, I decided to go for the DrivePro 200 for my other vehicle.

The Transcend DrivePro 200 used to be the lowest end model but now there’s an even lower end model that’s the DrivePro 50. The DrivePro 200 is a more simple device, smaller in size and doesn’t have additional cameras but for what it’s worth, it serves its purpose.

[​IMG]

As with the many Transcend products in the market, the DrivePro 200 comes with a free MicroSD card that’s 16GB in size.

[​IMG]

Here’s what the packaging of the DrivePro 200 is like.

[​IMG]

I must say that the DrivePro 200 certainly looks cute. The camera is capable of Full HD 30fps recording and the f/2.0 lens allows it to work better under low light conditions.

[​IMG]

At the back the DrivePro 200 comes with a screen and 4 buttons for menu navigation.

[​IMG]

On this side there’s the MicroSD slot and the Emergency button.

[​IMG]

And here is where you connect the power, and if you need to have video output there and option too.

[​IMG]

The main unit aside the DrivePro 200 comes with the mounting arm, the video output cable and the power adapter.

[​IMG]

And as always the packaging bundle comes with the manual, cautionary note and catalogs.

[​IMG]

Now, just in case you wonder what the Transcend DrivePro 200 looks like when in action, here it is. The unit’s view screen is good and is viewable at all sorts of lighting condition.

[​IMG]

Using the DrivePro 200 is easy, once connected to the power the DrivePro 200 starts recording. The recording quality is good and here are some examples.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All in all, the DrivePro 200 is yet another excellent product from Transcend. I only wish that the power adapter is a little smaller.
    The Transcend DrivePro 200 is available at most stores and online shop, I came across the ones selling at Lazada for as low as RM 439.