VIA Hyperion 4in1 drivers

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by peaz, Dec 11, 2002.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Well, with drivers given names like Detonator and Catalyst, VIA have also joined in and name their 4in1 drivers Hyperion.

The latest one is basically V4.45 of the 4in1 drivers. For more information of the drivers, check out this link at ViaArena

Well, head on to ViaArena also for the downloads here. KT400 and P4X400 users are advised to upgrade to this new Hyperion drivers. Seems that there's better performance for the 8x AGP cards. And from what I see comparing to the 4.43 4in1 drivers, only the AGP drivers are new, being version 4.40.

And as the wise saying goes, don't fix it if it ain't broken. So, I won't be updating my drivers and you'll have to try them at your own risk then.

2. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Are there any numbers where we can compare the old 4 in 1 drivers to this newer and improved Hyperion drivers?

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Urm, the driver version 4.45 is a continuation from the older 4in1 Drivers which was last at 4.31

As for the drivers version within the Hyperion drivers, well, I did a check in VIArena's details of the drivers here with the driver's history at VIA here