Volume Cotrol Wave Volume Keeps Going Down By it self Need Help.

Discussion in 'General Software' started by PrinceKait, Dec 6, 2012.

1. PrinceKait

PrinceKait Newbie

Hi.
    Ok So this never happen before not once.
    Untile I download .Net Farmework 4.0
    And After i installed it. That when the Volume Problem started up.
    i have to keep the Volume control on the screen and everytime the sound gose out i have to click the wave Volume bar to make the sound come back on.
    In other word's.
    The wave in Volume control Would Go to 0 every 00:00:45sec - 00:01:35Sec and it is vary bothersome to stop a video an do this over 100 times a day.
    I also tryed to System Restore 3 times but the problem is stuck now any idea's how i can fix this problem.
    P.s My Old Net FrameWork was 3.5.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

What audio card are you using? Also, what's the music or video player you are using?

You can try updating the audio driver as well as the video and audio codecs (try K-Lite).

3. PrinceKait

PrinceKait Newbie

It's Called SoundMAX Digital Audio i downloaded When i installed Windows Xp At first i had no SOund so i had to fix that and 9 months later i had to Download .Net FrameWork 4.0 and now my Audio is Auto Turning Down
    As for Video Player im useing RealPlayer

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Have you tried using other players? RealPlayer is not exactly the best one. Try VLC.

5. Adrian Wong

I would try something like Media Player Classic, which comes as part of K-Lite Codec Pack.

Also, I would recommend you update the driver for the SoundMAX audio chip.

6. Chai

I would not recommend codec pack to be honest. Good players like VLC will be able to play most videos without any codec packs. Installing codec packs may actually cause more problems.

7. PrinceKait

PrinceKait Newbie

Well it's not only My Video's But The Volume Control stays normal all the Set's Of Volumes stay normal But the Wave Volume is the Biggest problem Once i play online games it goes down and even if i don't watch a video the volume on wave always drop it repeats this 24/7 and by Far is annoying me to death

8. Adrian Wong

What kind of problems? I have been using K-Lite for years without any issues. The reason why I recommended it is because it comes with Media Player Classic (MPC).

9. Adrian Wong

Have you tried updating the driver yet?

There are a few available online.

10. Chai

K-Lite is basically a codec pack, meaning they just throw a bunch of codecs from various parties. They will usually update the pack when there's a new codec version. It sounds good, but it may cause even more problems, because of incompatibility/conflict with different codecs especially if you already have existing codecs installed. It should be fine on a brand new system, but I wouldn't recommend it to resolve a problem.

Personally, I would recommend using VLC player, or if you really like MPC, get ffdshow. You don't need to install K-Lite just to get MPC. MPC has not been updated for over 5 years at least. I'm using MPC-Home Cinema.

11. Adrian Wong

I install it because Windows lacks codecs that some of my older video files require.

Ahh, I actually meant MPC-Home Cinema. That's what K-Lite comes with.

12. Chai

ffdshow would have been more than sufficient unless you need some codec like RealVideo. VLC is even better since it is able to playback most known files without the need for codec packs.

13. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Interesting. I think I will give VLC a try. When I think about it, I don't recall playing any file with old codecs recently.

14. jswmbp

jswmbp Newbie

Wave Volume keeps muting itself, or goes all the way to down in sound controls

[RESOLVED] Hi Friend, I had a same problem with this issue, I tried Installing many anti-viruses or anti-trojan viruses, but it didn't worked, then I create my own script to make wave volume up, so If you interested I would send those file on email. reply me on jswmbp(at the)gmail

15. jswmbp

jswmbp Newbie

[RESOLVED] Hi Friend, I had a same problem with this issue, I tried Installing many anti-viruses or anti-trojan viruses, but it didn't worked, then I create my own script to make wave volume up, so If you interested I would send those file on email. reply me on jswmbp(at the)gmail, (((Sorry I cannot type full email address here, it is not allowed, but understand it)))

16. jswmbp

jswmbp Newbie

[RESOLVED] Hi Friends, I had a same problem with this issue, I tried Installing many anti-viruses or anti-trojan viruses, but it didn't worked, then I create my own script to make wave volume up, so If you interested I would send him those file on your email. my email jswmbp(at the )gmail, kindly understand the email I written, actually it is not allowed to put email here. so I adjusted here