W800i Performance?

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by Eldanor, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Eldanor

Eldanor Newbie

anyone have this phone? or perhaps knows all the disadvantages of this phone? Ex. : lag , sluggish keypad etc, i would like because i've read so many review about this phone but none of it really covers the disadvantages im looking for.... so umm... please and thanks , oh yeah tell me the price too please? thx

1 person likes this.
  2. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

it's a candy bar.. but surprisingly small (i saw the dummy set). would love for someone to shed more light into this phone. good and bad... thinking of getting a samsung d600E. but just might change my mind if this phone really performs well.. :mrgreen:

3. Eldanor

Eldanor Newbie

yehehehe, i like this phone too... got decent camera and memory... the only thing thats indecent is... well basicly everything costly is indicent lol

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Haha...this is probably the most popular phone right now.

This phone is virtually the same phone as K750 I'm using right now, I really love this phone a lot.

I already spent more than RM2200 ($580) on it. The phone itself, another 1GB MS Pro Duo, and the W800i hands free kit for music listening.

I bought K750 because I prefer the looks of it, and it's cheaper too (until you spend more money on the accessories...).

I would say the cons are:
    1. Need USB drivers before you can plug into any system.
    2. You have to use the designated folders in order to run the files on the phone itself.

5. aKho

what do you mean? :think:
    explain please?

6. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i think he meant you need to put the files in certain/correct folders on the memory stick

7. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

just use bluetooth for file transfer, it make life easier. :wave:

8. Eldanor

Eldanor Newbie

so um... we still havent talked about the latest malaysian pricing... heh ..wadabout teh priceEEEEEE????

9. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

why not get W900i instead? :think:

10. aKho

yeah was surfing around... w900i looks a lot better. around rm2400+ i think. but bigger than w800i.. :think:

11. aKho

just read an in-depth review on the w800i. it's a very good phone for music lovers.. no pda functions thought (can't view docs,xls,pdf etc) and the size is comparable with the d600e (i want!!!). but if size is not a matter for you, w900i is way lot better. still, if i had a choice, i'll go for w800i over w900i, which is a bit heavier and bigger. also, it seems to support bluetooth v1.1 only, so can't pair with it a wireless bluetooth headset.. :?

it's still by far the best music lover phone out there.. :mrgreen:

clickie : http://www.mobique.com/sonyericsson/w800i/page1.php

12. Chai

Yup, easily, I agree. It's the best music lover companion, certainly better than most portable MP3 players, bar HDD based players, then again, the only advantage they have is the capacity. If you get the w800, you can swap the stock ear buds to any other earphones you have, even my Sony CD580 sounds great! :thumb:

I have so many friends that didn't even plan to buy K750, and ended buying one. Gave me a few shocks...haha...I think most of them bought because of different reasons. I bought for mobile entertainment, my friends for the excellent 2MP camera. This also proves that the price is justifiable, even though it's not cheap at all.

K750 costs RM1500+ for Midland set, RM1300+ for AP set. Not very sure about the pricing, but it's around there.

W800 is a bit more expensive, for RM1800+ Midland. I don't think it's worth it because it looks like a toy to me!

13. Eldanor

Eldanor Newbie

hmm... wad w900i has and both k750i and w800i doesnt have?
    does the RM1300-1500 k750i set come with the expandable memory or you gotta pay for that urself? same question goes to w800i

Last edited: Dec 24, 2005
  14. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

k750i pic quality is good espically it's being resized! tried on my fren's set... not bad.

[​IMG]
    pic is resized to 800x600 & sharpen 1 level

btw, i saw the w900 dummy set on display, it's rather fat and big... . :silenced: :silenced:

15. Chai

Bigger display, and Walkman style remote control on the handsfree. Not sure what other differences.

K750 comes with only 64MB MS Pro Duo, W800 comes with 512MB. But I bought 1GB separately. :mrgreen:

16. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

w900i is a 3g phone, and comes with built in 470mb of internal memory. Can get it for like 330 pounds here in the UK.

17. Eldanor

Eldanor Newbie

well i guess i got my choice then.... w900i... gotta have a 3G hehe... probably can last me at least a year

18. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

if u guys notice... big phone with big features always depreciate faster than smaller phone with less feautures.... look at S700, i dun think anyone is interested in getting it now. :doh:

[​IMG]

19. Chai

Nope, not really. Sony Ericsson phones depreciate a lot slower...

20. aKho

motorola phones depreciate very fast! e680 was rm2,100.. now dropped to rm1,300.. :doh: