Weird notebook problem T_T

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by Lacus, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yes, and Acer is one of them!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

They insist that you must upgrade only using their RAM or void the warranty of the ENTIRE notebook. Idiots.

2. Adrian Wong

Yeah, Acer is like that. So is BenQ (their subsidiary). But it depends on the notebook manufacturer.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

BenQ is not Acer's subsidary.

4. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

hey, thanks for the feedback guys...gonna send the notebook to repair on wednesday...Hopefully they can get it done on the spot..

5. Adrian Wong

AFAIK, they are part of the Acer group. My old BenQ notebook was also serviced by the same Acer service company - HighPoint, if I remember correctly.

6. Chai

BenQ is part of BenQ group. It has no relation with the Acer group. Tan Chong used to sell Audi cars too. :mrgreen:

7. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

ooh, laptop and phone both send to rma :D...ETA 2-3 working days...

8. Adrian Wong

Actually, they WERE formed from one of Acer's subsidiaries.

Check here - BenQ Global - Company Milestones

Look at the year 2000 to December 2001.

9. Adrian Wong

That's pretty fast. :thumb:

10. Chai

Yes, WERE. Not now.

BenQ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

11. Adrian Wong

Yeah, they split them from Acer but they are still related. They always seem to be using the same designs and even the same service and support centers. I think they are kinda like Kia and Hyundai.

12. Chai

I didn't know Kia and Hyundai are related. But Nissan and Renault, yes. :mrgreen:

13. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Hmm, no news on my notebook yet but got news on my cellphone.it's not functioning well as when calls come in, it suppose to vibrate and ring and the same time but instead it only vibrates once:faint: Their technician called me and told me that THIS IS STANDARD (ooh yeah, only works on old school telephone tones) and told me that the phone is special and cannot support ringtone :nuts: crap..i wonder what are they gonna reply tomorrow :haha:

14. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

good news and bad news. small update on my rma notebook.first they told me that the dvd drive is faulty thus resulting in the notebook to hang at the bios. The next thing,they called me again and told me my hdd is also faulty :haha: oh,bad news is..currently no stock for dvd drive..which they say might arrive this friday =_=...still no news on my cellphone :(

15. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

^ still in warranty, right?

16. Adrian Wong

That's odd. Why would a dead DVD drive cause boot problems? :think:

17. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

yeah, 3 years warranty on the notebook. + the dvd is not dead..seldom use it..only max uses it to transfer data :haha:

18. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Lastest update on my phone. it seems they will give me a newer model but i need to top up. Do you guess think it's worthy to upgrade from a HP ipaq 512 to Ipaq 612c? top up should b less than 1k according to them :faint:

19. Chai

Looks like a more feature packed phone. But is it worth it? I don't know.

20. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

I still think that one look like a brick .. carrying brick around .. :S