what a crappy mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by SAMSAMHA, Dec 31, 2004.

1. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

Man, I can't believe what a crappy mouse for the MS wheel mouse optial USB. I just got it like few month ago and now my right click button is not working. Well, it's semi working it's just not sensitive and I have to press it at the right stop and hard. I wonder is MS stuff getting worse quality 'cause my old, like 2 years old, same mouse works like a charm but not this new one. :think:

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Maybe you can return it?

3. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

:) But I Thought MS Stuff Is High Quality. quite a surprise.

4. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

ok..i knw this is off topic..but wanna ask u guys.

which kind of mouse do u prefer? wheel or optical..

i find that optical isn't as smooth... :think:

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I have Intellimouse Optical (5 button first gen), Intellimouse Explorer 3, and Intellimouse Explorer 4, all of them are still working fine today, still using them on all my PCs! :thumb:

6. Chai

You are probably not using a good optical mouse. :D

7. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

maybe i should consider getting an optical mouse?

wht's the price for ur optical mouse, chai?

8. consider getting a mx510, it comes in blue or red, it's about 40 dollars.

your ms mouse messed up? thats why i only go for logitech

9. Chai

Mine? They are more than RM100... :D But they are extremely reliable. 3 years no problem. MS provide 3 to 5 years warranty, can't remember.

There are cheaper MS mice, should be able to below RM100, those 3 buttons model.

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Both MS and Logitech make great mice. i think you're just unlucky SAMSAMHA... ;)

11. yeah, always that chance that one guy was sleepy when qc your mouse

12. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

QC is done via random sampling. They dont check every single one. They have their own sample size. So its possible this one wasn't chosen.. ;)

13. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

I know, I think I am so unlucky. Like I said, I had another one from MS(exactly the same mouse) that sitll work after like couple of years's of services. Maybe I play way too much games or use right button too much opening up sites:).

Well, luckily MS mouse has like 3 or 5 years warranty, I guess I have to call them to replace it.

14. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

I prefer optical but corded. I feel that cordless although it's nice it's heavy and you have to constantly changing the battery. I prefer corded so it's very light and easy to use. I found that optical is very smooth (maybe your connector is off, try the usb if you can).

15. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I hope they don't give you trouble replacing it... :thumb:

I too prefer corded mice... ;)

16. wodenus

wodenus Banned

I still use corded ball mice.. most opticals have terrible design.. they're too big.. or the rear end is too wide. Also opticals are too light.. I like a bit if weight on the mouse.. otherwise it feels funny to me :)

17. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

just called them (i was a little bit amazed that they are still working on the 31st :lol: ). The replacement was easy, they asked few questions and told me to fax some info and then they will replace it. HOpefully this one will last longer. Man, you don't know how you miss the right button until it's gone :? :mad:

18. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

actually, when I first switch to the corded optical, I feel the same way. I feel that the mouse it too light and move too fast. Then I got used to it and now I feel that the ball is too slow and the wireless it too heavy. Now when I use the battery powered wirelss, I feel that it's so heavy that my hand actually feels sore using it. :lol:

19. good luck with it, ive never used tech support, so i hope it goes well with you.

ive only owned two mice, total...one ball and one optical. both logitech, still work. the ball one is a bit broken though, right mouse button is messed up. all those long hours of d2 :mrgreen:

20. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Can't snipe? :lol: