What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by s p r a n k i k o, Apr 25, 2006.

1. I just installed Windows with my CPU running at 2.63Ghz. So far, it seems stable. Have not primed it yet but I'll be getting to it soon. Superpi finished in 30mins and 1sec, though.

I'm continuing my theories here from this thread:
    http://forums.rojakpot.com/showthread.php?t=20186

I originally thought that my video corruption was caused by ATi's video drivers as it would only surface after installing them and OCing the CPU. But now I'm beginning to think differently.

I set my HTT freq. to 239x11 with both CPU and RAM voltages at default. Have not crashed yet so far and no signs of previous video corruption either. It now seems as though the voltages were the culprit for the corruption. :faint:

I still haven't installed Cat drivers. I'm not too sure about it yet.

What you guys think?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  2. m0dD3r

m0dD3r Newbie

I think that if there is no corruption and you can install the drivers and play games, then go for it. Voltages do play a huge part in stability so having them slighty off could easily have been causing the problem you described.

3. HAH!! I think I finally have the correct settings pegged to the ground!! :dance:

I increased the PCI-E frequency to about 104 and the video corruption was gone.

I set my HTT to 270 and mutliplier to 10 with 133 RAM divider. Seems to be the most stable that I've gotten it!!! Will be priming it soon!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

4. werty316

werty316 Newbie

So does everything run fine at stock settings?

5. I had to increase the voltages a bit. I'm getting cold boots from time to time too. I've been hearing that DFI boards have a reputation for doing that. But other than that, it's working perfectly fine. :dance: At least I was able to reach my goal!!! :thumb: