What do you think about the IPAQ 2210?

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by Falcone, Jul 16, 2003.

1. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

It seems to be a good buy.

2. sumurai

sumurai Newbie

yes sir it does.

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Yup.. it sure looks sweet... although i did hoped that it's not an ipaq (unless they improve the QC of the ipaqs...) a fujitsu of that size would be nice though :)

But then at about RM1500, there's noting to complain. it's simply a very good buy. if i wasn';t saving for a smartphone.. i'd already snapped it up.

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

It sure looks enticing, even for someone like me who knows nuts about PDAs! It's small, light, thin (not Tungsten T small, but very close!), feature packed (CF slot for that size is impressive), and all the typical specs like 400MHz, 64MB ROM etc...But not too sure about battery life, didn't check the battery specs! :doh: At RM1500, it's not very expensive. :thumb:

5. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

2210 improve on the network side and also the expansion slots compare with ipaq 3850 and ipaq3950.... YOu have an bluetooth on it which is less use in malaysia... but ok la at least u have it... may be can send some file la...Another thing is about the expansion slot.. 2210 has add up the CF I and II slot ....of course the SD,MMC....

The sad case it dun have WiFi.. for those who need WiFi is better get the ipaq 5xxx series.... Rather than u buy the jacket plus the card is more expensive than the build in.....

For bluetooth side the receiver sensitivity is –78 dBm or greater..Anyway the spec is 1.1 compliant (2.4-GHz Industrial Scientific Medical Band)

The 2210 is 5.1 oz which a bit heavy compare with the ipaq 19xx, i believe coz it has a 400 Mhz processor with XScale technology...

Battery life is only Rechargeable 900 mAh Lithium-lon...Estimate fully changed can last for 12 hours... It take 4 hours to fully charge up the battery....

Overall it worth buying this,,, if u do not need any WiFi...Other is enough for a PPC...

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, true, there's no Wifi...

7. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

I really hope tat can plug in WiFi on my 3850 also....but no $$ :pray:

As same opinion with peaz wait 4 smartphone to come out end of this year...i mean in malaysia market

8. sumurai

sumurai Newbie

just use a wifi CF card for wifi.

9. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Nope... u need a PCMCIA jacket...if u using ipaq 3xxx