What to do if you are stopped by the Malaysian police

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

From an e-mail I just received...

2. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

good guide, i'm a bit enlightened..hope it helps avoid tragedy. there was once a case where a couple of "plaincloth" policemen raided a cyber cafe and made everyone there take a urine test. i wonder do they have the authority to do that if their not in uniform... :think:

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

got this email before. I guess we just really need to be more prudent and know our rights... :thumb: good info!

4. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

ya, must check with identity no matter how. As my friend ask before and the police man stright away went off, i think is a fake police man that why, they just want to get some money from you :snooty:

5. Adrian Wong

I think there's a report in The Star today about a team of plainclothes policemen who raided a family's house without a warrant.

Even when the family denied them permission to enter, they cut open the lock and entered anyway. They searched the whole house and left when they found nothing.

Imagine - this is the kind of shit our police will do. There doesn't seem to be any civil rights in this country. :think:

6. bslee

bslee Newbie

Courtesy from a topic highlighted in www.usj.com.my forum :

--------------------------
    Cheah later lodged a report at the Kg Tawas police station regarding the incident.

When contacted here yesterday, Ipoh OCPD Asst Comm Che Sab Hanafiah said the policemen had followed procedures.

“They had shown their credentials to the house owner and when they were not allowed in, they have the right to break into the house to make a search even without a warrant,” he said.

He said police would investigate the alleged racial remarks made by one of the policemen.

If the policemen had done anything wrong, ACP Che Sab said appropriate action would be taken against them.

Ipoh Barat MP M. Kulasegaran said although the police had the right to search premises without a warrant, they should identify themselves properly.
    ------------------------------

Goes to show what happens in TV land doesn't work here!.
    Just don't run foul of the law does best!. ;)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  7. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Real policeman or fake policeman :think: can not believe they will do that :wall: :wall: Feel unsafety now :shifty:

8. Adrian Wong

I guess things are different here in Malaysia. :think:

It makes the police's job easier but who is there to control their actions and ensure it's a legit raid? That's why a judge should first approve of the raid and issue a warrant before they are allowed to raid someone's premises.

9. bslee

bslee Newbie

Things ARE different here! One is easily influenced by TV-land.
    Who to police the police?..Its anyone's guess!.
    As I said, do best by not running foul of the law of the land. :D

10. Adrian Wong

Well, that's because most of our TV shows are from the US, so our legal perspective do tend to be American in nature.

Hehe.. That's very true. :mrgreen:

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Huh? That's not what I learn in school. I thought we learned that they too need a warrant before they can do anything. :think:

So, everything shown in TV-land is fake? But Hong Kong drama also said they need warrant to search a house, and they follow British way right? So... :think:

Hmm... bottomline, do they need or not need? If don't need, then I can go around searching ppl's house with a fake ID? :mrgreen:

12. bslee

bslee Newbie

Yep, our law is based on British/Indian law but then again, who's to question their actions when anyone is in a situation with them.
    What happens on TV-land cannot be used as a comparison to demand justice or rights.
    This is boleh-land..anything can happen and the offender would suffer 1st..only then..talk later!.

Like the courts..if you're un-represented for any offence, whether traffic or criminal, you're DEAD meat!. No "free" legal aid in most cases..

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Wow... that means all we learn in school are all rubbish? :shock: :o