What will you sell to buy

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PowerSlide, Jun 3, 2011.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That is quite incredible. Selling organs to buy something that 'useless'... Kidney down the drain in 1 year.

3. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

Do they now have an app to find black market kidneys?

1 person likes this.
  4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That's just plain stupid. The kid deserves a Darwin award... :wall: :wall:

5. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

off topic i know, but I hope you can take a moment to realize how uncomfortable the western have become with the wealth the chinese are growing.

hahaha see, they will fire at the Chinese at every opportunity available to them. materialism exists everywhere. not just in the mainland. makes me wonder how would the writer twist the story if it was to happen in euroland. hehehe

the media and the consumers blame foxconn for treating its employee like pigs, yet.. how many queued up outside the Apple store on Fifth Avenue in New York the day before the new phone was launched?

2 trillion and counting.. go go go!

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

And iPad 2 is incredibly cheap. especially for an i product. So where's the cost savings?

7. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. That's the thing, isn't it? It's quite hypocritical but that's human nature for you.

If the price of Apple iPads and iPhones increase because Foxconn starts treating their workers better, people are going to complain again.

The same goes for other stuff like petrol, for example. Everyone is against drilling in the Arctic... until petrol prices hit US$ 100 per barrel. Then it's suddenly okay to drill in the Arctic! :haha:

8. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I thought people aren't allowed to donate organs before they reach 18?? :faint:

9. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

he sold it..so its alright :haha:

when ipad3 comes what he wana remove from his body? brain? but he doesnt have one

10. Adrian Wong

LOL!! So true! :haha: :haha:

11. Adrian Wong

AFAIK, it's illegal to sell your own kidney in China, and he would require his parents' permission to perform any kind of surgery. So definitely, everything he did was illegal. That's why the hospital is disavowing everything that happened. :nuts:

12. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

now that is a real fanboy

13. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Hmmmm, my wife wants an ipad2. :twisted: :haha:

14. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Ishtim: Hi, I would like to know how much I can get for my kidney.

Nurse: Hmmmn......an ipad2. I'll throw in the cover for free just for your good looks.

15. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!!! :haha:

I think Ishtim would agree as long as you don't ask him to trade in his telescope!! :twisted:

16. Nothing... If I'm gonna carry a tablet around I'd rather just use my iPhone

17. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

Sorry to bring a thread back to life, but I saw this as a continuation of the story

Link

18. Adrian Wong

Thanks for the update! I always wondered what happened after that. Now that the new iPad is out.. I hope the boy isn't thinking of selling some other body part! :wall:

19. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Sounds like he already sold his brain. :haha:

20. Adrian Wong

LOL!!! :thumb: :thumb: