Which Graphic's Card is better?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by captainajs, Oct 28, 2007.

1. captainajs

captainajs Newbie

Hello, I really want to play the new 'World at War' game but I can't as I have a Radeon 9550. I was wondering if the Geforce 8600GT 1400MHz 256MB Graphics Card was any much better than the one I have and whether it is worth upgrading? Is it a lot better? There is also the 2000MHz version but I don't understand what the difference is, and what it would do.

I have a 2.8GHz dual core processor to make it up to 5.06, 1000Mb of RAM, and enough space for it to fit, but the graphics was the problem. I anyone could let me know I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

2. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Hi!

You can't just add up the two speeds of your cores. :)

Also the operating speed of your processor is not a good measure of performance. What CPU do you have (specifically)?

4. captainajs

captainajs Newbie

It's a Pentium D CPU,and it's not world at war, it was 'World In Conflict', the new game that's just come out., but it says the 9550 isn't quite up to specs, everything else is, just not the graphics card.

5. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

If it's world in conflict yeah the 8600GT will be a able to run that game, but you will most likely need to drop the details level to medium or low to achieve playable FPS.

6. captainajs

captainajs Newbie

Do you know of a better graphics card that will last me for a few years, as I'd rather buy a decent one rather than a patch up one. This one was going to cost around £60, but I wouldn't want to spend more than £100 really. Any advice would be great.

7. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

8. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

yes. confirm have to turn to medium / low details. :)

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wait for our Tech Report and review tonight!!!! :twisted:

It will be priced from US$179 (256MB) to US$249 (512MB). More details coming soon!! :twisted:

10. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Minimum RM680 for the 256MB version!! :wall:

Guess that I have to save up a lot of moolah for this!! :haha: :haha:

11. The_YongGrand

So can I play World at War with my X1950Pro with max details? :rolleyes:

12. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Hm... that means the 256MB version will fit captainajs' budget just fine :mrgreen:

13. Adrian Wong

Well, wait until you check out its performance. At least it has usable DirectX 10 performance. Unlike the 8600 GTS/GT. :D

14. The_YongGrand

Is 8800GT a lite version of 8800 series? :cool: If so, could they do Bioshock in decent DX10 framerates above 40fps? :rolleyes:

15. Adrian Wong

It's a leaner, meaner version. ;)

Wait for the review and tech report! :D

16. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

World in Conflict? I doubt it.

17. The_YongGrand

Man, guess that games move too fast for me. lol! :haha: Maybe if the prices of 8800GT become more acceptable, heck, I'll get it and play some new games. Too bad I'm still restricted to CRTs and also a normal PSU, and not to be mentioned, Pci-e 1.1!! :haha: :haha: :haha:

Maybe my rigs in the sigs are all fossils if I'm playing Crysis!! :haha: :haha: