Which laptop?

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by u suck.com, Aug 27, 2008.

?

which laptop brand?

1. Fujitsu

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Toshiba

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Asus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hp

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Compaq

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Dell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

some parts are semi-faulty (1 unused button on his keyboard keeps popping out and the power adapter making weird noises :haha: ) Well, seriously it's up to you :thumb:

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Eww the M-word.... :haha:

Jking (partially).

Look at the lenovo Ideapads. They are more for home/media usage as opposed to the Thinkpads which are high end business use.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Although M-word has the flexibility of running 2 OS, but I tried installing MacOSX on my PC running using VMWare, it ran fine, but there's nothing for me to do with MacOS! :haha:

I rather have a proper PC laptop.

4. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

Pc laptop ftw! :)
    tried installed MAC OSX on my laptop and all I can think of is browsing! LOL
    though I like Audium.

back to topic, from what I heard from my friends, Toshiba always have problem with their lcd and Acer with everything :faint:

to be on the safe, whatever you are going to get, just take the 3 years warranty :)

5. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

like i said, it's meant for work only. nothing else. haha btw, it has to be the macbook PRO. not the regular macbook crap.

Oh the new Dell Latitudes E series is SEXY!

6. Chai

I hardly game on PC lately. But what things I can do on MacOSX, but can't do it on PC? Or most important of all, is there anything I want on MacOSX?

7. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

actually there's nothing that I want on MacOSX also. In fact, it's not OSX that I really want. It's the hardware. and since it runs windows ... that's what it;s going to be used for. :D When I own one la that is. :p Getting Off Topic! haha

What's the budget again? anyways. consider the Dell Latitude E series too. Apparently much longer batt life since it's on the latest intel chip and platform. and it has a sleek design too. no longer the boring dell plastic look

8. Chai

It's only the looks you are looking for. :p Hardware is basically Intel Core 2, just like any other notebook in the market.

9. kellywester

kellywester Newbie

How about IBM notebook? I think the repairing time is shortest.

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, personally, I work on my notebook, so I would want my notebook to be reliable because unlike desktops, you can't just replace the components yourself.

Repair time may be short but for those who cannot survive without their laptops, even a day to repair is a day too long. Hehe.. :D

11. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

ooh, might be off topic a bit..any idea where can i repair my old acer notebook? besides sending back to acer (they can't seem to solve it -.-)

12. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

What happened to the notebook? And why can't they repair it??? It's their own notebook!! :D

13. lee_what2004

and now me without my laptop for two weeks!!
    damn :wall: :wall: :wall:
    what is the shops doing with their order :faint: :faint:

14. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

well, they are not sure whats wrong..told me to leave it there and pay RM80 for checking + cleaning the fans :s...whats the point of leaving it there when they are just checking it.. Btw lee_what2004, which notebook did u get? or rather from where?

15. lee_what2004

not getting new notebook, its the adaptor still haven't arrived :faint:
    practically I can't on my notebook so its just the same without it :(
    later in the morning will go to the shop :wall:

16. Chai

No adaptor till now?

17. lee_what2004

no, got it already :mrgreen: