Which of the mobile computer r the most people using???

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by khang813, Aug 11, 2005.

1. khang813

khang813 Newbie

:confused:
    :confused:
    :confused: :think: :clap: I need to buy a notebook computer that for doing home work and using for entertainments gaming. Is there some one can tell me which of the comperformance computer Notebooks are the most people using and got a good performance??

:snooty: note: middle price at about (RM4000~RM4999).
    :think: Long life hardware
    :think: and smooth software

:wave: THANK FOR HELPING EVERYONE!!!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2005
  2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Well, with a budget of 5K there is quite a few notebooks out there within the range. Let's not talk about the locally assembled ones like FTEC or Targa, but name branded ones. it's quite important for support to be absolutely good as there's not much you can do yourself if the notebook goes dead.

Anyways... if you need it to game well, make sure it comes with a discreet GPU from ATI or Nvidia, the integrated Intel graphics is good for 2D stuffs but it's a non performer for 3D apps/games.

3. Johnie

Johnie Newbie

...maybe this one should do the job more that PERFECT! :D

Acer Ferrari 4000 Laptop

Ooooooopppppssssssssss...sorry...wrong one...I thought we were talking about budget of RM40000-RM49999.... :p :wicked: :twisted: :haha: :beer: :wave:

4. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Dun tell Chai, he'd buy it instantly. :mrgreen: ^^

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Since you are into gaming, you should definitely look for a notebook using discrete graphics chips from NVIDIA or ATI.

Forget about the NVIDIA Go5xxx or ATI Rage series. Go for the better GPUs like the NVIDIA Go6600 or ATI X300 (the two more common mobile GPUs in Malaysia).

As for processor, generally, any Intel Pentium M processor will do just fine. The local dealers like to call them Centrino, but really, it's the Pentium M processor.

Go for more memory and a larger hard disk. Spring for 1GB of memory if you can. Get at least 60GB of hard disk space, if not 80GB. Stay away from 40GB if you can help it.

Depending on your needs, you may want to consider an integrated DVD writer, instead of a CD/DVD combo drive. But honestly, getting a dual-layer DVD writer right now is overkill. It's hard to find affordable dual-layer media.

But no matter what we tell you here, you have to personally inspect the notebook and get a feel for it. See if you like the weight, design, build quality. Also, you need to inspect the LCD display. See if you like the display quality and viewing angle.

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Don't worry, I've seen it many times on display already. :p

7. peaz

Adrian.. remember that he has a budget of <RM5K.

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hehe.. Not a problem. There's always Dell. ;)

9. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Dell notebooks are cheaper? :think:

10. peaz

Yeah... and Dell's specs are pretty good sometimes! especially when there's special promos like free upgrades to 512MB RAM or DVD burners.... they even come with 7200RPM hard disk nowadays

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

check out the MSI and gigabyte, especially the former..
    you definitely wont disappoint with it..
    Im so surprised they have gone this far...

true display, fully equipped, respectable spec..

12. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

you may wanna take a llok at the acer aspire 1690 series, cause that's what i'll be getting myself next month. And with a X700 128mb video card, its a steal for less than RM5k.

13. slyeoh

slyeoh Newbie

The X700 on the aspire 1690 will satisfy your gaming needs, depending on your expectations..hehe

I've used an asus with a x700 and played quake 4, doom3 and FEAR..although medium settings or less, it's quite playable and fun :D

and for less than RM5k, it'll be worth your consideration but of course do check out the after sales service

14. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

FTEC and Targa aren't locally assembled.

OEM. China made :mrgreen: Targa = Aopen