Windows Vista 64 - Backwards compatibility?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by The_YongGrand, Sep 21, 2009.

1. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Hey men and women,

There's a engineering society webpage I have and it has legal downloads (it's legal, for that particular user!), so I'm going to pick Vista 64bit.

However, do my legal copy of Office 2007 work over there? Also, what about the other 32-bit software I'm currently using?:think:

2. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

no problem. most 32-bit programs will work fine.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

If it's Microsoft, most likely it will work very well, especially if it's a recent version.

I only have a few softwares that doesn't work. Even games are working very well, emulators too.

4. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

I heard that the next version of Office will be available in 64bit, of course let's hope it's out ASAP, currently MS have some legal issues with their upcoming Office

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Don't worry. You should have no problem running 32-bit software (especially Microsoft Office) with Windows Vista 64-bit. :beer:

6. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Oh thanks! :thumb:

Well, I chose to install WinXP Pro 32-bit (which is also obtainable from the membership website, legally) first due to some of my older engineering programs which might be refusing to run on Vista. I'll dual-boot the Vista later after I acquired it. :D :thumb:

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That's a good idea. :thumb: