Winsrv missing blue screen

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by cuervo1, Aug 31, 2007.

1. cuervo1

cuervo1 Newbie

My K8N-DL mother board blue screened after I installed SP2 for Win XP Pro X64. The recovery console can't find my raid disks, even though they are shown correctly at post. MSKB has several articles that haven't helped.
    Is there something I can do to configure Nvidia Raid when booting from the CD? It gives me a chance to use F6 and the floppy disk but never asks for F10.
    Thanks,
    B.K.

2. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

You should have access if you load the raid driver with F6. Make sure to have 64-bit drivers, not the 32-bit versions.

3. cuervo1

cuervo1 Newbie

Missing winsrv.

I tried using the Nvidia floppy for their latest raid driver at F6. It couldn't find any hard drive. Since the post shows both raid drives and in the right places I think that Win XP Pro X64 has some path bugs and the winsrv.dll are in the 32 bit directory instead of the 64bit. So far I haven't been able access the hard disk or edit it.
    For some reason the option to use F10 to configure the the raid disks doesn't come up. I suppose that is because of a bios setting. If so I can't find it.
    A Google search finds a lot of folks with this same Blue Screen but no fix that works for me.
    Thanks for the help.
    B.K.

4. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

Well, when configuring RAID, either it's embedded and accessed by a key or combination of keys (like F10), some configurations actually have a boot disk to access them.
    As for XP 64, as far as I can tell you are correct. The option would be to load the setup, and go into the repair section (Recovery Console) and manually copy or move the files into the proper folder. I would just double check that you are using the 64-bit drivers, and not the 32-bit ones then.