wot mobo with a E6400????

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by colinloves, Nov 22, 2006.

1. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

Do both the Asus 680i boards(Striker & P5N32-E SLI) have the same problem ?

I think this is just a Buggy Bios problem & can be corrected by applying a new Firmwire which Nvidia is yet to release.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

But I still won't pay for that kind of motherboard. $400 for a freaking motherboard!

3. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

yup, using FF...
    i do encounter some screwed up blogs using FF too, but my IE7 displays it perfectly.. =(

4. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

no way i will pay premium juz to get the latest mobo either...

moreover, there seem to be issue with the sata controller of 680i or sth liddat... read abt it in a few forums..

5. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

The problem with Firefox is that, I can't save a webpage in MHT form,which is way better than normal .html coz in MHT we can get a webpage saved in just a .mht file.This MHT support should be included in Firefox like the I.E. What do u say ?

6. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

The problems has been resolved with the Sata controllers in 680i.Nvidia, EVGA Fix Problems with Latest High-End Core-Logic.EVGA and Nvidia Releases Fix for Serial ATA Issues on nForce 680i. Though, a few users claimed that their Serial ATA problems remained even after flashing the new BIOS.Maybe they'll have to wait 4 another Bios upgrade.But this kinda thing can't be expected from Nvidia whatsoever.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/chipsets/display/20061217121610.html

7. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

yup... u shld suggest that to FF..
    i cant do anything abt it..

but i wouldnt wanna save a screwed up page with FF either...

8. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

but den there's another rumour of "sata data loss"

aiya, dun care la..
    why pay so much for a buggy new product?
    wait for em solve most of the problems, den i shall start hunting for the 2nd hand ones @ a much much much lower cost, hee~

9. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

Ya, it's not useful to buy such a buggy product by paying a hefty premium.We'll have 2 wait more.

10. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

So to sum it all up.:think:

What is the best, most stable non SLI mobo, cost not a concern?

And what is the best, most stable SLI mobo under $275 USD?

With c2d e6600. (I WAN IT!!!):drool:

I am not much of a gamer, But I want a very fast box for everything else.

The only reason I would like a SLI board is because I might end up with, or need two v-cards someday.:think:

11. Chai

I think Abit AW9D is quite good if you are not overclocking, it's quite buggy when overclocking. Quite cheap for a 975X chipset board.

Or else, consider Asus P5B.

12. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  13. Chai

Yup, this is the one to get.