x264 64bit video encoding

Discussion in 'General Software' started by laychi, Jun 17, 2013.

1. laychi

laychi Newbie

Hi everyone!

I wanna use x264-64.exe to video encoding,because it is faster than the 32 bit version.But...I don't know how.
    If I make a new avs script for encoding and i want to launch the x264-64.exe, the program stopped with error.
    error message:
    x264 error: could not open imput file "something.avs"

I have 64bit avisynt and the 64 bit encoder...

what is the problem and how i can fix it?

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Hi... can you attach your avs script here, or just copy/paste the contents?

Did you install the avisynth 64-bit from here? If I remember correctly, I used this one.
    - SEt's Avisynth 2.5.8 MT compiled for *X86_64*, Latest Build 4/16/2010 - Doom9's Forum

Also, I placed the 64-bit dgdecode.dll in the same folder as the avs script - DGDecode_3-19-2010.rar

Here's how the avs script looks like:

Code:
    LoadPlugin("DGDecode.dll")
    DGDecode_mpeg2source("test-1080p.d2v")
    loop(2)
    Which just loads the 64-bit dgdecode.dll that I placed in the same folder. :D

You can download the x264 benchmark and look at my codes for a clearer picture. ;)

It's best to place the avs script, the 64-bit x264.exe and 64-bit dgdecode.dll all in the same folder and call them from there. If you're using path with spaces in it, remember to add quotes.

eg.
    Code:
    start /high /b [COLOR="Red"]"c:\apple orange\x264-64.exe"[/COLOR] --quiet --pass 1 --stats "1.stats" --preset slower --bitrate 8000 --ref 4 --aq-mode 2 --level 4.1 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --ipratio 1.40 --qcomp 0.6 --threads auto --thread-input --output NUL [COLOR="Red"]"c:\apple orange\test-1080p.avs"[/COLOR] --mvrange 511 --aud 2

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  3. laychi

laychi Newbie

here is my settings.
    can u make me?

x264.exe --pass 1 --bitrate xxxxx --stats ".stats" --ref 5 --bframes 3 --8x8dct --direct auto --deblock -3:-3 --subme 1 --analyse all --no-fast-pskip --trellis 2 --aq-strength 0.7 --weightp 2 --min-keyint 24 --keyint 250 --b-pyramid 2 --b-bias 0 --b-adapt 2 --psy-rd 1.0:0.0 --qpmin 0 --qpmax 69 --qpstep 4 --me dia --merange 16 --output NUL "film.avs"
    x264.exe --pass 2 --bitrate xxxxx --stats ".stats" --level 4.1 --ref 5 --bframes 3 --8x8dct --direct auto --deblock -3:-3 --subme 11 --analyse all --no-fast-pskip --trellis 2 --aq-strength 0.7 --weightp 2 --min-keyint 24 --keyint 250 --b-pyramid 2 --b-bias 0 --b-adapt 2 --psy-rd 1.0:0.0 --qpmin 0 --qpmax 69 --qpstep 4 --me umh --merange 48 --output "film.mkv" "film.avs"

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Here's what I did.

1) Installed the avisynth 32-bit and avisynth 64-bit.
    2) Extracted the Tech ARP's x264 benchmark. Browsed into the test folder.
    3) Made a copy of the test-1080p.avs, renamed it to "film.avs" according to your codes.

Content of the film.avs

Code:
    LoadPlugin("DGDecode.dll")
    DGDecode_mpeg2source("test-1080p.d2v")
    loop(2)

4) Created a batch file, put your code in, changed the 2 instances of x264.exe to x264-64.exe, saved it.

Then I ran it and got your "input file" error. :D

5) I then checked the dgdecode.dll and found the file size is same as dgdecode32.dll which is 32-bit.

6) Deleted the existing dgdecode.dll (if any in your case). Made a copy of the dgdecode64.dll and renamed it to dgdecode.dll. So, now when the avs file is called, it will use the 64-bit dgdecode.dll. :thumb:

7) Ran the batch file again and I got "x264 [error]: invalid argument: bitrate = xxxxx" error.

8) Changed the xxxxx to 8000 and reran. Seems to be working. (attached is a screenshot, didn't let it run because I'm using my PC at the moment) :shifty:

My changes in red
    So, I think the dgdecode is your problem. Seems like you cannot change the dgdecode file name in the film.avs to dgdecode64.dll to use the existing dgdecode64.dll in the test folder. I tried that and it didn't work. :doh:

You need to rename or make a copy of the dgdecode64.dll and name it dgdecode.dll. :faint:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013