X800XT-PE or 6800GT

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by khelben, Dec 28, 2005.

1. DuncanMc

DuncanMc Newbie

XT850 to 6800GT

A developer of the GOD engine (X3 The reunion) told me that they do everything in shader 2 that they do in the shader 3 pipeline. :D

From what I read it seems the Source engine does differentiate between 3.0 and 2.x, at least for HDR stuff. Though I do not know for sure.

I decided to go for speed and go shader 3 (or 4) later when I upgrade my mobo in about 2 years.

2. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

well..now im in same dilemma as well..

my fren offering me a new msi x800pro with 16pipe for 800 bucks..at same time tempted to get leadtek 6800gt for 900++

both in agp format..running a p4 [email protected] 512 ram..gona upgrade soon to 1gb..

a reason see myself going 68gt way coz its gona b my last upgrade for this system..nex will move to PCIE mebb in a year time

which a better buy?

3. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

nVidia all the way babeh... :mrgreen:
    but seriously, budget wise, the ati would be better...
    (how old is the card? warranty? condition?)
    but to me, getting a leadtek over the ati would give me peace of mind...

anyways, your next PCi-E system will kick-a$$... :whistle:

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Wow... lucky you, get the 6800gt. 2 months ago, Chai find for me whole Lowyat also cannot find brands like XFX and Leadtek. US also out of stock. And now you can find? Not fair... :( :faint: :faint: :faint:

In the end got the XpertVision for 1.2 over... :faint: :doh:

5. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

last time 6800GT's cost around RM1800, drop to RM1400.. and you can get it for RM1200.. :thumb:

i got my leadtek 6600GT for RM780. now less than RM500.. :cry:

6. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

dashie,

i found the leadtek at gadzet zone penang.. :haha:

the msi is fully warranty n totally virgin card..but warranty is at SG..initially my fren bought from a guy who works around JB n SG..warranty is not a problem as the guy will deal if anything wrong..

n jus told my fren not gona take the x800pro..anybody wants? i can hook u up to my fren..coz now he got 2 cards..this msi n a 66gt he is using

7. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

argh.. why im seeing this offer right after i renew my road tax.. out of budget.. :cry: :wall:

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That's good! Control your expenditure, reduce inflation on those cards. :thumb:

9. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

:haha: :haha:

should stop spending on pc save up to get married :haha:

10. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

aa.. don't forget to invite me.. :thumb: OMG i dont have any saving.. :(

11. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

i dun even hav a gf yet :haha: but u can start saving now :mrgreen:

back to topic..

leadtek 6800 vanilla..not GT not U for jus RM790..12 pipe so on but potentially can unlock to 16pipe..a good buy? 200bucks less than a 68gt

:think:

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  13. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

once it's unlocked u will need to clock it up...otherwise you wont gain much..

14. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

so unlock it and overclock it.. and this card way better than my FX 5700 Ultra.. even in it plain vanilla state, 4 pipeline vs 12 pipeline.. the price almost the same when i bought my FX 5700 Ultra.. :doh:

15. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

hehe..tats the pain..like x800pro wen 1st come out costing 1.8K but now 2nd hand value below 900 :wall:

after all bla bla bla..i decide to take my fren's leadtek 66gt..used 4 months for 500 :dance:

16. BoBaTrOn

BoBaTrOn Newbie

X800XT PE - why? Becuase I used to own both.

The performance gain "On Paper" is around 20 - 30%.

But in real life gaming, its faster framerate. Better overall performance.

More aa and less fps drop.

I would never take a 6800GT over a X800XT PE.

EVER! Plus X800XT PE overclocked could get you close to X1800XL performance :)

17. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

I'd stick with the X800XT-PE. Why?

on a clock for clock basis, it takes up less power when you crank it up and when it make fight a 6800GT at matched speeds, it takes up less power, plus it have far more headroom for overclocking.

In terms of visual quality, it still believe from my recent experiments with ATi and Nvidia in 3dMark's IQ tool between my 6800 and a friend's X800 that ATi still holds the edge in AA and AF (bolstered by their new angle independant AF) and takes less of a performance hit.

That's it from me lol. Anyways, Ruby is ugly and has bad russian slang.

18. Magicky

Magicky Newbie

19. m0dD3r

m0dD3r Newbie

I'm about to get an X800XT so I would have to say go with that.