Xperia, anyone?

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by CervezaPorFavor, Nov 18, 2008.

1. From the specs, it looks like it's going to be a laggy phone. I've seen the pre-release demo. Was kind of laggy.

For those who have used Xperia, what's your impression?

2. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

I thought it's based on Qualcomm and has quite similar specs to Touch Pro?

3. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Looked at some videos on youtube, doesn't seem that laggy to me.

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Qualcomm is crap TBH. But HTC seems to be using it on all models. I've seen the Xperia videos, doesn't look too bad.

5. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Nothin like to test a unit..Hmm, it being launched in malaysia soon..On friday i think,near chai's working place.

6. Chai

This is one of the highest resolution phone with full QWERTY keyboard. Not even HTC has such a model.

7. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

I don't really think that it's crappy, perhaps it's the driver issues on your TyTn II that makes you say that :wall:

Oh, and custom ROMS fixes a lot of things that HTC engineers are supposed to do

8. Chai

No, it's not the drivers. It's the lagginess switching apps, running multitasking.

I know what I'm doing, I used to flash more firmwares than you change underwear a day. :haha:

9. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

:sweat:...thats scary dude...

10. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

I thought Qualcomms are dual cores

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

that's why the mobile world needs moorestown!

12. Chai

You thought the name Qualcomm means dual core or even quad core? :haha:

The only reason why HTC likes to use Qualcomm is because it is a complete package, comes with all the latest features, HSDPA, GPS etc, and this was back in 2006.

In terms of processing speed, Marvell (former Intel) Xscale is much faster, up to 600+MHz. And this was a few years back.

13. That's what I thought too. Even Samsung i780 already uses 624MHz processor. But Xperia, HTC Touch Pro and even HTC Touch HD only use 520MHz processor. This is disappointing.

Back the the original question, any Xperia user here who can share your experience?

14. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

well, it's gonna be released over here at 22nd november..Maybe i head over there to test the unit and then reply back on here :D

15. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

No no, definitely not, I remembered when HTC TyTn II info are released, people were skeptical about the processor.

Someone mentioned that, based on the info he know on the processor (schematic drawings i guess), he said it has 2 processors.

I think one to handle calls and the other the OS

16. Chai

I've never seen it being mentioned as a dual core. But this chip has tons of features, and by using this, it's basically a complete PDA phone, while others like Asus are using Marvell + SiRFStarIII for GPS functionality.

17. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

sweat...if got dual core proc for mobile phones, the battery also drain even faster...

18. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

19. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Having more processor core does not necessarily make a processor use more power. A dual-core processor using a more energy-efficient architecture and built using a better process technology can use far less power than a single-core processor.

20. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

ooh, cool..did not know there is dual core processor for mobiles phones o_O...too bad G1 is not available here :(