Yet Another "Pass The Butter" Hoax

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I actually busted this myth via e-mail back in January 2010, but it seems to be making its rounds again. Yes, it's the infamous "Pass The Butter" hoax. If you haven't read it yet, here it is :

And this was my reply back in 2010. No, nothing has changed my mind since. I just thought you guys should know why I think this is yet another Internet hoax :

2. Dion Giles

Dion Giles Newbie

GM FOODS

GM food lobby raises ire because of the lack of honest labelling. It's not because of fear of danger but because of the arrogance of the GM industry in dictating what food people buy (as refusal to guarantee proper labeling of contents is dictation of what the customer can buy). There is also the arrogance in allowing GM seeds to contaminate growers' productive fields and failure to compensate growers whose markets are thus affected. Also the GM industry's claim that artificial modification of genetic structure is the same as natural crossbreeding is patently false. Honest labelling would mitigate these assaults on the customer to some extent but would not mitigate the assault on growers through sabotage of their crops.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

This is the wrong thread for your GM rant, Dion. I moved it to http://forums.techarp.com/adrian-wong/27674-nonsense-about-gm-food-labelling.html

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013