Yonah..Benchmarked!

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by ZuePhok, Dec 1, 2005.

1. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Wow :)

Now, I wonder I should target for a turion64 or this yonah baby now.. hahaha

3. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

The Intel comeback has begun :mrgreen:

4. zachig

zachig Newbie

Not so soon, I guess... :haha:

Anyway, I still think that this Prescott-M Yonah processor is pretty cool. I'm looking forward to see some benchmarks of Intel's new 'Merom' CPU that will be dual-cored and is based no the Yonah's architecture!

5. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

interesting yonahhhhhhh

6. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Looks like the future of mobile computing is very very very bright :D And I dun think I'll need extremely high end GPU on my notebook anymore...

For gaming, I've decided to go X-Box instead.... :p

7. zachig

zachig Newbie

I still like playing games on my PC more than on any console (but that's me). And if you're a PC gamer like me, you should always have one of the leading GPUs/Video-Cards in the market. Nowadays, I think that Video-Cards are much more important for game performance than one's CPU.

8. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

somehow i was a bit disappointed with yonah's performance..
    i was expecting it to be extremely powerful in media application cuz that was what I was told at a conference back in april
    I know it's an engineering sample but i doubt thing will improve much as the launch is just about 1 and a half month away..

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LOL! You really think like me... I will probably not buy a console for the rest of my life. The only games I want to play are fighting games, but they are too fast and too complicated for me... :shifty:

Yeah, to me, CPU power is quite useless too, it's only good for DC projects! :haha: