You can't clean away smashed eggs on the windscreen with the wiper and water

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Got this in the mail. Not sure if it's true... Sounds fake though.

What do you think? :think:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Any myth busting article for this? :lol:

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

4. Chai

So this problem can be cured with good wipers?

5. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Yes, heard of this from many friends already, seems true, and logical, turning on the wiper would be like beating the eggs

6. Chai

I don't think it's completely true and can be avoided. If you clean your windscreen often, or use good wipers, I doubt the egg stand a chance to stick on to the windscreen.

Does applying 'rain-X' type of liquid help?

7. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

robbers are creative :lol:

8. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

hmm just gave me a good idea for a prank :p

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

As plausible as it sounds... there are a couple of points that make eggs an implausible weapon for robbers.

1. If an egg hits a moving car, it will just fly off the top, leaving only a relatively thin trail of egg white and yolk.

2. The robbers will need a LOT of eggs to really smear up your windshield.

3. Unlike forks or egg beaters which beat air into the egg to make it milky-white, wipers would just wipe the egg white and yolk away.

4. Even if you have bad wipers, smearing the egg white and yolk on the windshield should just blur what you see. It is unlikely to turn white and block your vision by 92.5%.

5. For the robbers to pelt your car with eggs, they would have to drive in front of you. Imagine them throwing eggs one by one at your car - only a fool would not swerve or brake after the first egg goes out. Imagine them throwing a whole tray at a time - even more implausible as most of the eggs would probably not hit you.

6. If you see someone throwing eggs at you - won't you call the police???

7. Even if you have to stop because your windshield is smeared, most people would just stay in the car and call the police. What can the robbers do?

8. It would be much simpler to just knock your car in the rear. EVERYONE would naturally stop by the side to confront the driver who just hit them. In fact, this is what the robbers are doing.

In short, I think the egg throwing method is just too much hassle to be true. There are far better and easier ways to get you to stop your car... and even more importantly, OUT of your car so they can rob you.