Zalman ZM80D-HP & Power Color Radeon 9800 Pro

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by van, May 4, 2006.

1. van

van Newbie

Zalman ZM80D-HP & Power Color Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB

Hi guys, I was reading the review for Zalman ZM80D-HP just now and I noticed that Ken said "The RAM heat sinks are not compatible with the stock cooler because they prevent the stock cooler from being installed."

Does that mean I'm stuck with the stock cooler? is there any way to replace it? If so is there any guide out there to do that?

Thanks is advance!

Last edited: May 5, 2006
  2. welcome to ARP!! :wave:

3. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

let me guess..u wana stick the ramsink on den u wana use stock cooler..

no need to worry there are alot of coolers out there still can b used on ur 98pro example AC silencers and zalman vf700

4. van

van Newbie

No, what I meant is, since the stock cooler already there, is it hard to replace it with the RAM heat sinks that came with "Zalman ZM80D-HP"?

Because I read it at Q&A on the main website and someone was asking about the compatibility of ZM80D with 9800 pro and the tech answer it like this;
    "Your configuration should work well. But, you will need to detach the small heatsinks on PCB backside of Hercules 3D Prophet 9800 before installing ZM80A/C/D-HP. Such a job may be hard&vexing more or less."

Sorry for the confusion.

5. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

If your Power Color card does not already have RAMsinks, then you don't have to worry.
    That's how I interpret it anyway :think:

6. van

van Newbie

Got it, just tried it out earlier and everything seems to be working great.

Thanks guys

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Hmm...I thought I wrote the review?

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LOL! Thats what I thought.. :p