Zouk Abuse...

Discussion in 'Peaz' started by peaz, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL!! Exactly. :mrgreen:

For God's sake, if my girlfriend has a bad liver.. and even if I don't really love her, I wouldn't encourage her to drink any alcohol or even smoke, for that matter. :roll:

2. Leian

Leian "Dai Sou"

I think it was friend, singular, female.

To be objective, I've wondered if any of the people in the club that she said saw what was going on and didn't help would be able to bear witness.

But then,
    1. Being Malaysian
    2. Since s/he didn't help,
    it would be kind of difficult come forward...

Still, it would help. :think:

But then, s/he would be under a lot of scrutiny / suspicion of collusion on one side or the other.

3. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

I think it's more to the location (it was a club..and sometimes ppl get high and.. (etc. RUSH at phileo..)) then the victim's sex..

besides, I dun get it. she should have just opened the door when the bouncer banged it..

Last edited: Nov 11, 2005
  4. Adrian Wong

People have fantasies like that. Hehe.. Even on airplanes, hence the term, Mile High Club? :wicked:

Oh, Durex posted their survey on Malaysians' favourite places out of the bedroom to have sex. Remember? Quite a few liked doing it in restrooms!! :mrgreen:

Living together doesn't mean people still won't do it outside. There are exhibitionists and there's the new dogging trend. Maybe they are really hip when it comes to sex? ;)

In any case, what's the premise for LOCKING the restroom door?? :confused: I really don't get that.

5. Adrian Wong

Oh, I see.

Well, I think we need a photo of her and her fiance to make the judgement. Maybe they look like bad trouble? :mrgreen:

I know, we are not supposed to make judgement on people's appearances but it's a fact that people do make judgements on appearances.

I mean, if you see a pair of innocent-looking kids getting bashed up by four brawly bouncers, would you have done something? I think most people would. But would the same still apply if you see a pair of gangsters getting beaten up? I think not. :think:

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

check this out..

dia sendiri cari gatal (look for trouble) in the first place. :faint: sorry..no more interest in this story :rolleyes:

7. Leian

Leian "Dai Sou"

But you haven't answered -- if she were really in the wrong, why is she kicking up a fuss and drawing attention?

My point (which I somehow neglected to make) was that, since they're already living together, it's not like she is making up this story to try and cover up anything because her family already knows she's with the guy. So that's motivation factor down. Why is she being so all out to advertise the incident then?

Oh, by the way, why are we debating this? Regardless of what they were doing, the fact remains that the bouncers ganged up and beat them -- way beyond what was called for.

Also, consider: if this was not true, wouldn't Zouk be suing for defamation since she's announced it to the papers?

8. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

RUSH's toilet doors always vibrate :shifty: :shifty:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2005
  9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

we have no proof to that :p

Bouncers just do not usually care whether you are sick or not. they job is to keep troublemaker out of the bars/clubs. right or wrong, everything settle outside.

when they banged the door, the girl should have opened it. instead..she was so :wall: :wall: :wall: until the bouncers got tulan (fedup). if you take so long to open the door, of cuz ppl will suspect la :wall: you know how policemen treat suspects (even though they are right) in the custody? :mrgreen:

10. Adrian Wong

Actually, I already did. The answer is - people do weird things, some of which we just can't explain.

Maybe you and I don't like doing the nookie in public toilets. But the fact is many people do. Maybe 90% of the population do it the missionary way... but hey, there's always that percentage who like doing it standing up! That's the diversity in humankind. :mrgreen:

Likewise, when it comes to what she did and why, only she will really know why she's kicking up such a fuss. Maybe she was truly wronged and she's indignant. But MAYBE she THINKS she was wronged and she's indignant about it.

But again, thinking that you are right.. and being right, are two different things altogether. I can't really say which is which. Like I said, we should be provided with a lot more evidence before we condemn anyone.

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, who knows what's the true story anyway? Maybe it's 50/50? Like they did do it in the toilet, and got caught by the bouncers, thus attacked by them?

Like Adrian, I won't be pointing fingers until we know the true story. And the recent survey did show that 38% (I think) of Malaysians do it in the toilet. So we shouldn't rule out the possibility.

12. Adrian Wong

Interesting.. Someone anonymous posted this at 1800 hours :

Now, if that person actually steps forward and reveals his identity... wouldn't that be interesting? :think:

13. Adrian Wong

Here's another interesting post :

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I don't think that guy/girl will reveal him/herself la. Crazy meh... :D

I don't think we will ever know what happened that night until some people with the same story fess up. But still, we may later suspect them being paid to cough out the stories. :mrgreen:

Eh, only missionary where got nice, must try all positions la... :haha:

15. Adrian Wong

Well, if I was beaten up like them, I wouldn't mind showing my pictures, medical records, etc. Anything to beat Zouk into submission.

She claims they chose the back view for artistic reasons. Heh.. Still thinking of art when it comes to such matters? :roll:

16. Adrian Wong

Okay, here's a twist. Her friend sunnydays posted this :

17. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

Reading about the whole incident got me so frikkin' pissed... Now I come in here and read some of the replies and it makes me pissed too... No offense guys, I know you're all a great bunch, but seriously, OMFG!!! :wall:

The general response I'm getting here is, "Hmm, maybe they aren't telling the truth and the whole truth, they might've been making out in the restroom after all, so they were just asking for it and probably deserved what they got, yeah..."

First of all, the credibility of the story: No, I can't say for certain that is it a hundred percent true, but judging from the writing and articulation and all that jazz, it sure seems believable enough. It is a very well-written article and it didn't even raise in me the question of whether she could be telling lies or half-truths. Perhaps I was being a bit naive, but after reading the replies of course now I have to consider that. One thing for certain is that this incident did happen, since it came out in quite a few papers, right? So no doubt there. :whistle:

So the fact is that this lady and her fiancee got beat-up by the Zouk bouncers because they were locked in a cubicle of the male restroom. This led the bouncers to believe they were making out, and supposedly was reason enough for them to justify their thuggish behaviour.

Now, as to whether she was lying and that they were making out, well, does that really matter? Making out in the toilet gives the bouncers the right to beat the crap out of you? Come on! The most they should do is throw you the f*ck out of the club and shitlist you, even make a police report if it's such a big deal! :evil:

"So why was the toilet door locked?" Well, if she's telling the truth, which I assume she is since there's nothing to gain from telling lies, then her account of why she locked the door makes sense. Her fiancee with a known health condition has been missing almost half an hour, she gets an SMS asking for help but doesn't get any co-operation from the cleaner, barges in and finds him inside a cubicle on the floor in real bad shape. So she goes in to clean him up and locks the door behind her since she doesn't want anybody thinking there's nobody inside and pushing open the door thus banging him on the head. Make sense?

"Well why not get him out of there a.s.a.p.?" I dunno, but given her description of things, you can imagine the state of mind she was in - panicked, wanting to attend to him but also needing to get help. The guy's passing out on the floor, she can't carry him out and away by herself without any help, so she waits, only instead of help she gets this big angry guy banging on the toilet shouting threats. Is it so surprising that she didn't open the door initially? :doh:

"How about the fact that the Chinese papers said they were making out too?" Well, you guys should know not to trust everything you read in the papers. :roll: [Of course, that might apply to the blog, but that's another story. :shifty:] Besides, where'd they get that information from anyway? Witnesses? The cleaner? The friggin' bouncers? Are any of those reliable sources? Hmm... :think:

"Why were they drinking in the first place if the guy has a liver condition? Shouldn't the girl at least be more concerned about his health?" What can I say, that's really their own business isn't it? Some people still smoke/ drink even tho' others are worried about them. To her credit, she did say the drinks were way watered down. :lol:

"The guy asked for it by kicking out first!" This is a gem. The guy's a GUY, for crying out loud. Already he's feeling so weak and all, now four big guys are coming at him and his girlfriend, HARASSING them, can you blame him for showing some degree of machoism? He probably just wanted to protect his girl! :roll:

"Why should we believe them if they don't even have the guts to post any photos or medical records?" I dunno, maybe they just want to maintain some degree of privacy? Is that so wrong? Rather than posting up photos of themselves and risk being recognized on the street for the wrong reasons. You can already see the trashing they're getting online. Besides, aren't medical records private too? :roll:

Well, I'm sorry if I offended anyone, which I should expect I did. :shifty: I guess I just couldn't take the crap they were taking after coming out with that incident. Bad enough that they had to experience it, now they have to deal with the online cynicism too. [Of course, assuming it's all true.] I guess I was just trying to be the opposite of the devil's advocate? Since apparently now there's no shortage of those. :roll: :lol:

Just kidding okay Boss? Don't ban me please! :pray: :p :lol:

Well, whether it's true or not, hopefully it'll be settled in court, then all the medical evidence/eyewitness reports/whatnot will come out and we'll know for certain when the verdict comes out. And if they ARE lying after all, then shame on me for believing them-lor... :shifty: :whistle:

3 people like this.
  18. Adrian Wong

BANNED!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

LOL!! Relax, man.. :haha:

Seriously, it won't be a discussion if everyone agrees with only one line of thought. :mrgreen:

But don't get pissed. Why?

This is really an academic discussion. Will what we say here change anything? Frankly speaking, no. :think:

In the first place, what's written in any blog should be considered as hearsay, unless it's backed by evidence and witnesses. Particularly so when the real identities of the persons involved are not stated.

All we have is one person's view of the whole affair. I'm not saying that she's lying. But it's a fact that she can tell what she THINKS is the truth and yet not tell the truth. What a person thinks is the truth is sometimes different from the truth.

Regarding her questionable actions in the washroom, well, the reason why people harp on it is not because we are prudes and think they shouldn't have done it in the toilet. No-no.. Statistically, some of us here will actually have done it in the toilet. ;)

The reason why people pick at different parts of her story is because if she lies or embellishes her story, it puts her ENTIRE story to question.

Were they actually beaten and kicked to the point they have to go for plastic surgery? Did the bouncers kick or beat them without provocation? Or did they start it off themselves?

When I first read the story, I got just as pissed as you. What gives the bouncers the right to bash someone up? Kissing and even having sex in a toilet does not warrant such treatment.

I too thought that Zouk should be sued and the bouncers + manager brought to justice. I also thought that the behaviour of our police force was typical.

But a lesson I learned not so long ago was to listen to BOTH SIDES of the story. Like it or not, people tend to exaggerate their stories to make them look better.

We can choose to ignore the other side. After all, we love to see David win against the Goliath, wouldn't we? But is it fair?

WHAT IF the truth was totally different? What if they were drunk and high; and started the fight? Would the bouncers be right in kicking them out of the club? Would that be the real reason why the cops did not seem cooperative? Is there even a reasonable probability that Ju Lee was not telling the truth, as the truth should be told?

If the answer is yes, our duty as responsible citizens and netizens would be to question her claims and examine the other side's story BEFORE we make a judgement that may impair the company's and employees' reputation.

For all the sympathy that a compassionate human being like us may feel for Ju Lee and her boyfriend, we MUST be equally compassionate to the other party. They are also someone's boyfriend / husband / friend / relative. We have no right to convict them morally based on a SINGLE testimonial which is legally and psychologically prejudicial.

If we simply roar in outrage and go boycott or trash Zouk up, we will be nothing more than animals who cannot rationally evaluate an issue. Worse, if we finally discover that Ju Lee was lying all the while, we would have committed a crime, if not legally then morally.

Therefore, I would say it's not only our RIGHT to question such allegations, but also our DUTY to do so. :mrgreen:

19. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Garphreak, relax! :mrgreen: No need to get so uptight for something that doesn't relate to you in anyway!

No matter how real it may seem to you, you still cannot rule out the fact that she may be lying, or unintentionally lying in anyway.

True, if the bouncers did indeed kicked them, then it's definitely their fault. But who knows the true story?

20. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

who ever seen the other side of the moon ? :mrgreen:.. (or did someone :think:)

this applies here.. we dont know the other side of the story :p