Advice on graphic card.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Prashiyer, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Prashiyer

Prashiyer Newbie

Can anybody please help me out. Please advice me on which graphics card to buy for under 150 euros. I mean Pci express card. Someone I know is getting it for me from this place-
    Graphic Cards PCI Express from XFX - computeruniverse.net

Please if somebody has some time to check this out advice me which one to go for. I guess 10.1 support and hd support would be gr8 and also it should go with quad as well as dual (in compatibility).

thanks in advance.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Looks like 9800GT is the best card for you.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, and you don't really need DX10.1 support. Virtually no proper 3D game out there requires DX10.1.

4. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Are there actually any games with DX10.1? :| I remember Assassin's Creed disabled a DX10.1 feature in an update and the performance got worse.

5. Adrian Wong

Yeah, I think there are some DirectX 10.1 games but practically all of them can revert to DirectX 10.

6. NArkshaRK

NArkshaRK Newbie

I would recommend an HD4850 if you cand find a deal. You won't regret it.

7. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

ATI seems to have an edge on video card performance atm. HD4830 and HD4850 would be my picks, but if you're sticking with XFX, better go with a 9800GT

8. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

IMO the XFX 9800GT is one of the best looking cards with a stock cooler.

9. Grave

Grave Newbie

nvidia 9800gt is excellent card, you wont be disappointed

10. dethalis

dethalis Newbie

11. Adrian Wong

Yeah, honestly, ATI is the dominant company when it comes to 3D graphics at the moment. I would go for the 4850 instead of the 9800 GT or GTX.

12. funkyguy_pap

funkyguy_pap Newbie

i want to run a game

hey all tech boss

i have a compaq desktop and 632 mb ram

and want to run a gane that require a greater graphic card requirement and i want to play it my requirement is very low as compare to game
    help me

__________________________________:wall:

13. Adrian Wong

Hi, you should create your own thread on your question. :)

Sounds like you need an upgrade, but first, what are your computer specs, and what's the game you want to play??

14. funkyguy_pap

funkyguy_pap Newbie

i have compaq presario and want to run need for speed undercover

15. Adrian Wong

That doesn't mean anything, honestly. We need to know your computer specs, not just the brand name of the PC. Compaq has been making Presarios for ages. :(

In any case, Need for Speed : Undercover has the following MINIMUM requirements :
    Frankly, you should aim to have at least an Intel Pentium Dual-Core or better processor and a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / 9600 or ATI Radeon HD 4650 graphics card. Would be good to have at least 2 GB of memory too.